• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ovulation kit

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Hubbie and I have been trying Ttc with baby no 2 for five months now. We have decided that if we don't get pregnant this month we will try an ovulation kit - can anyone recommend any for us to use please? I've never had any idea when I'm ovulating so it's all new to me!

Thanks x

I recommend One step ovulation tests, they are cheap and very reliable. I got 50 tests for under £10 which really comes in handy when you take them 2-3 times a day x

Thanks, just looked these up and they look good and the reviews are so positive, and very reasonable too. Will be buying these so thank you! x

I got my one step ovulation tests from zoombaby - really well priced and very quick delivery. I also got some clear blue digital ones. I'm testing every day with the cheap ones, and then as they get strong and near a positive, I'll use the expensive ones that can just give a smiley face for yes or nothing for no, just to take the guess work out of it!

Goid luck hun i too had no luck until i started using opks also maybe look into smep plan along with opks. Google it to gv u an idea. Its gives u a plan of wen to bed throughout cycle along with using opks to increase ur chances & good luck x
Oh & to answer ur question first time i conceived i used clearblue fertility monitor but was pricey. Gave it to a freind after i conceived so 6 yrs later wen decided t ttc i just got the internet cheapies & conceived using thm & cost me less than £4 lol so still wrkd just as well x

Hi girls,
So this month wasn't for us to on CD2 now for next cycle. I've ordered the ovulation strips and a BBT as well to take my temperature too.
When do you start doing the temperature and ovulation sticks? After your period stops I've assumed but is that right?
Do you recommend apps for your phone to track things on?
Thanks and sorry for the silly questions. X

You can start any time as long as you don't think you'll miss when you ovulate. I don't temp, but I'd assume the earlier the better so that you can see more of a pattern, whereas it's less important with OPKs. If you're following SMEP it says to start OPKs on CD10 so you could use that as a guideline :) This is my first month using OPKs so I've just done it every day, even through period, just to get an idea of where my body is, but from next cycle I'll probably start OPKs around CD8 - 10. I know a lot of people use fertilityfriend to chart their temp, so I guess that's a good one, but not something I've used personally.

I've just purchased the clear blue digi ovulation tests, they are quite pricey. Il let you know how I get on with them xx

Some ladies don't temp while AF is around but I think for me it's better to keep up that pattern of doing it every day. It's also interesting to see those numbers but they don't mean too much until AF is over.

I'm currently using Clearblue Advanced OPK's and have had a flashing smiley for 5 days now. It's frustrating. :(

I'm currently using Clearblue Advanced OPK's and have had a flashing smiley for 5 days now. It's frustrating. :(

I've come across quite a few people who find this, so we're just using the normal digital ones - solid smiley or nothing. The advanced ones don't quite seem to work as they're supposed to and tend to maybe be a bit over-cautious with the flashing smiley, just makes things more stressful I think!

I've come across quite a few people who find this, so we're just using the normal digital ones - solid smiley or nothing. The advanced ones don't quite seem to work as they're supposed to and tend to maybe be a bit over-cautious with the flashing smiley, just makes things more stressful I think!

I'd have to agree. This was my first cycle ever using OPK's, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm all out, as of this AM, so I need to go pick up some more after I drop my son off at school. I don't know if I'll stick with CB for the rest of this cycle, or go straight to something else.

I'd have to agree. This was my first cycle ever using OPK's, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm all out, as of this AM, so I need to go pick up some more after I drop my son off at school. I don't know if I'll stick with CB for the rest of this cycle, or go straight to something else.

I'm using the one step ovulation tests so it doesn't cost me a fortune, and although they have really good reviews anyway, I have our clear blue digital (not the advanced, obviously) on hand to use once the line gets darker, just so I have an easier yes or no rather than guess work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"