Ovulation Kits

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by amslou, Oct 7, 2008.

1. amslou

amslou TTC No2

Was just reading about Ovulation Kits on here, i've said already today that i have 16 days left of my pill before stopping and ttc. I was wondering when people started to use them. I would assume it would be best to wait until i have had my first af after stopping the pill to use these but if you have no idea when the next af will be how do you work out when to use them and even if you do know when af is due reading that people ov at different times how do you know when is the right time?

I wasnt intending on using any kits or charting anything when we first decided to ttc but i am worried that i might not ov for a while and end up driving myself crazy wondering month after month did i didnt i anyway and thought maybe testing for ov would put my mind at ease. Think i might be super paranoid actually. haha

2. Visqueen

Visqueen mum to 2 beautiful girls

I would have a couple of months before ttc and count your af then say for example youre average cycle is 28days you would ovulate around day 14. Count back 14 days from the first day of you last period should give you a rough idea when you will ovulate. Then if you wanted to use a ovulation test start 2/3 days before that.

Hope this helps :hug:

3. OVKs are awesome. Takes the guesswork out of knowing what your body is doing. To me, they were totally worth the investment!!! OVKs and preseed are the way to go!