Ovulation or Implantation? Timing Seems Off

TTC3323

Reaction score
I had a positive OPK on Thursday (only day I tested that month) and DTD that day. The following Monday I had some very light bleeding and DTD again later that day. I had light bleeding through Friday (5 days!) along with some cramping. I took a HPT on Saturday and Sunday (9 and 10 days after positive OPK) - early, I know - and both were negative. Do you think the bleeding was ovulation or implantation? It seemed a little late for ovulation and early for implantation. My periods are irregular and I haven't been temping so its hard to tell. Any thoughts would be really helpful!

Hmm not necessarily too early for implantation as it can happen as early as 4dpo although unusual. The bleeding certainly is a mystery though.. And yes I have heard of people having light spotting when they ovulate too, so depending on how light it was it could potentially be thatZ. You could test again in a few days? It's still early for a positive test.
Are u still bleeding? Any other symptoms? Xx

Thanks, Dollybird! No more bleeding or other symptoms at this time but I forgot to mention that I had EWCM a couple of days with the bleeding. The bleeding was pretty light - just enough to need a pantyliner. I wonder if the EWCM makes it more like ovulation bleeding? I don't know if CM changes any with implantation.

Not really as ewcm can appear prior to/ during implantation due to an oestrogen surge that occurs at this time. Confusing I know! I actually just had loads of ewcm last night and this morning and I'm 8dpo.. So I'm hoping it's a good sign! Lol. I'd give it a few days then retest. If af doesn't appear in a week or so maybe go see your doctor? Xxx

Thats good to hear that it doesn't rule out implantation. I'll give it some more time. Good luck to you too! :)

hi. i have had ov bleed and implant bleed. both had ewcm but both my bleeds were bright red. the implant was more streaky and very little compared to ov bleed.

hope you get your answer soon =)

Well I am currently going through the exact same thing, although I am not sure if it is ovulation bleed or implantation bleed seeing as my cycles are really short and I don't temp yet..

Well it's been a few days and I'm still getting BFNs but I'm holding out hope! I had light spotting today so if we choose to think the first bleeding was ovulation bleeding, then today is exactly 10 days after the start of that which coincides perfectly with implantation bleeding (7-10 days after O). I set an appointment with my doctor for a week from today so by that time I will 1) have hopefully gotten a BFP (FRER should show by then) or 2) can talk about getting tested and maybe started on meds. Wish me luck! GL to the rest of you :)

Good luck! Hope all goes well for you! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->