Ovulation or period? Using OPK & temping, pls help!

Nikkivergo

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new! I am hoping that some ladies that are a little more experienced using OPK's and reading BBT charts can help me understand what to expect next... I have only recently stopped taking the pill and my last normal period was September 25. Then, on October 22, I had one day of light spotting followed by one day of dark red/brown bleeding. FF is calling October 23 CD1. I had light brown spotting and cramping on CD19 and then again on CD25 and CD26. Now, I have had nothing until I started cramping yesterday and today. I have never cramped this way before, it feels as if my entire uterus is sore and tender to touch, bend, breathe, and cough.

Unfortunately, I was not temping or using OPK's earlier this cycle... But once I started, I kept getting pretty consistent temps and every OPK has had a line that looks near the same as the control. It was just today that I received a surely positive OPK - on CD40. I posted a pic of the positive OPK from this afternoon, a pic of the progression from yesterday AM to today, and the overall progression from CD31 to today.

My temp dropped yesterday morning, and then again this morning. Should I expect AF in the next few days, or am I truly ovulating? I sure hope someone can help me make sense of this!!

Attachments

• 20141201_125740-1.jpg
    20141201_125740-1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20141201_131100-1.jpg
    20141201_131100-1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20141201_130304-1.jpg
    20141201_130304-1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 7
  • b_KUvNnF.jpg
    b_KUvNnF.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi Nikki. I don't really know for sure, especially without the temps from the start of your cycle. My main thought is it could still be lingering side effects from going off the pill, throwing your cycle off. Based on the OPK, which like you said is definitely positive, I'd say there's a good chance that you may be about to ovulate. About the best I can suggest is keep temping and see what happens in the coming days...I know, not at all easy to be patient! Good luck to you! Sorry I couldn't offer more solid advice.

Thanks MrsG! I just feel so confused now with my long cycle and since I can't really interpret anything on my chart yet. Good luck to you too :hugs:

I woke up really late last night with the most painful cramps I've had in years.... they seem to be starting on the right side and then radiating through my back, the worst part was the upper thigh pain! I couldn't move my right leg. I thought for sure I would have woke up to AF this morning, but still nothing not even spotting. I checked my cervix and it is so high I can barely reach and feels soft from what I can reach. My temp this morning is nearly the same as yesterday's and it looks like my OPK returned back to a negative.

Confused!:wacko:

Attachments

• 20141202_081706-1.jpg
    20141202_081706-1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1
you ovulate 12-48 hours after a positive OPK so your temp may have risen tomorrow if you have ovulated x good luck

Hi ... I am newly off bcp (stopped 6th October). I had a bleep of what i thought was cd37. Went back to cd1 and I then had a bigger bleed on cd 16 ... Which included really terrible pain. This bleeding has now stopped. The most confusing thing is ive had 8 days of solid smileys on the cb digi..... Maybe we should stick it out together? Xx

hopeful:box 4366563 said:
Hi ... I am newly off bcp (stopped 6th October). I had a bleep of what i thought was cd37. Went back to cd1 and I then had a bigger bleed on cd 16 ... Which included really terrible pain. This bleeding has now stopped. The most confusing thing is ive had 8 days of solid smileys on the cb digi..... Maybe we should stick it out together? Xx

We stopped the bcp right at the same time. Do you temp as well? We should definitely stick it out together :hugs: I hope we find out when we ovulated soon!

No i don't temp. Trying to "relax" till new year. I def think i oed first cycle as had ewcm and then 14 days later bled. Im just so confused with this last bleed. Only 16 day cycle. I know coming off bcp can be hard but didn't think this would happen to me. I think from the opks u possibly o'ed today xx

Wow I kind of expected a long cycle after bcp but didnt even think about short cycles ... I don't know which is worse! I still don't know if I believe I am supposed to be O'ing... I never had the EWCM or even watery cm it has been sticky/creamy and now today it is abundant and creamy. Where are you at in your current cycle? Did you just get the smiley's on your OPKs?

OPK this afternoon is the lightest it's been yet, I was wondering if I would ever get a clearly negative with no test line show up. :shrug:

Attachments

• 20141202_161241-1.jpg
    20141202_161241-1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1
I am on cd6 if i go from the start of my last bleed. I think with those types of opk it can differ from faint line to no line and back again as the hormones is always about it just surges on o. Xx

Hoping you O by the end of next week so you get your BFP for Christmas!!!!:xmas12: When do you start OPK's?

you ovulate 12-48 hours after a positive OPK so your temp may have risen tomorrow if you have ovulated x good luck

My temp went up this morning! Thank you ginge :)

Attachments

• b_8DXQOv.jpg
    b_8DXQOv.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1
Ive used opks the last 10 days. Clear blue flashing ones and got solid smileys (which means u then can not test for 2 days) so god only knows what's going on haha in going to get some strips though.

how were your temps,today xx

So cd 7 and clear for 2 days ... Now bleeding again. This is driving me mad x

Oh no Hopeful!! I am so sorry this keeps happening to you. I really hope this bleeding is super short lived for you. Do you remember if you had breakthrough bleeds before bcp?

After my son was born I spotted every single day, I couldnt wear anything without a panty liner. It took a few months of that before I was fed up and talked to the doc. She put me on estrogen and we tested different dosages to make the spotting stop. I eventually found a bcp that worked instead and stuck with it.... until now!

I hope so much that our bodies learn to regulate themselves quickly!! I'm still waiting for a consistent temp rise so I can confirm that I really O'd. Fingers crossed for another high temp tomorrow.

Oooohhhh i hope your temps,stay up!!! Im 28 and have been on bcp 12 years. I took a break to try to conceive with a previous partner 5 years ago and feel pregnant on cycle 2. It ended in mc but was for the best.

worst of all my best friend just told me shes 8 weeks xx

:xmas6:I wish for a sticky bean for you for Christmas hopeful, then you and your bf can be preggers together!

I get so jelly of pregnancy announcements... lately my fiance keeps going back and forth about even wanting to have kids. I have two babes of my own, a boy and a girl age 5 and 6 from a past relationship. My fiance helps me raise them and they love him just as if he were their father. my fiance doesn't have any kids and we talked about having our own together from the beginning, but lately he has mentioned he may not even want his own at all! I'm so past ready to try, but I'm waiting for him to jump on board. I already know that it will take a while to conceive and I don't want anything to hold us back when he finally says yes, especially if he decides to change his mind again! He thinks you can just have sex without a condom once and fall preggers... ugh! So for now I'm waiting for my body to regulate and will keep charting so that when he's ready, all we have to do is take the condom off. I just wish so much that he would read about what it takes for a women to actually conceive and carry a baby!!!

Awwww. I hear ya!! Hopefully soon he will make the step :) its so stressful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"