Ovulation Pain or Something Else?

Orglethorp

Reaction score
Warning, this topic may be tmi!

I always have mild left-side cramping 1-4 days before the morning of my ovulation temp dip, and I occasionally have some cramping return the evening before I ovulate, but I never have any real notable pain. I always have a stiff/sensitive feeling while dtd 1-2 days before AF, but again, not really painful. I don't ever have truly painful sex.

This cycle, though, I've experienced something odd.

Pre-O cramping started on the 20th and lasted 2 days, with my cervix dropping and becoming softer and open and CM becoming EWCM on the 21st.

22nd evening I started getting a pinching feeling over my right ovary. When OH and I dtd before falling asleep, this mild pinching pain became sharp and uncomfortable, and I started feeling an "echo" pain in my groin directly beneath the ovary. It all eased off within an hour after dtd and did not return.

23rd I saw my usual slightly temp dip for ovulation, though just slightly higher than I expected (so maybe I ovulated a couple hours earlier than usual and my temp was on the way back up?)

24th (today), I had my typical 1dpo 0.3 temp spike. No pain or cramping at all. Cervix is so SHOW (soft high open wet) it was nearly out of reach, which never happens this quick after ovulation.

This is my 4th cycle TTC / 4th cycle off BC on a typically 36-day cycle.

Was that odd pain while dtd just us actually dtd while I was ovulating or just about to ovulate, or should I be worried? It's never, ever happened before :shrug: Otherwise, this cycle seems to be the best yet. My charts have been looking better and better each cycle and this most even/consistent set of pre-O temps I've seen yet. 35.9-36.1 C every day from CD2 right up to ovulation.

I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"