Ovulation pain vs. Ovulation tests?

Teafor2

Reaction score
Question for ladies that have o pain and also use opks...

Today (cd 14) I had o pain. I get it every month, usually between cd 14-18, and then I get af 13 days later. I have never used opks, but I had to go to the pharmacy today so I decided I’d buy a box just to see since I was having o pain anyway.

The test was definitely not positive. So I’m wondering does that mean if I am ovulating today I would have had a peak opk yesterday or the day before? Or do you all usually have a positive opk on the same day as your ovulation pain?

I’ll add a picture of the test here.

Thanks!

6A9F5355-E75F-4C7A-8856-462CCC0D01EF.jpeg

I think a test would be positive the day before you feel the O pains, or at least the morning of at the latest... pretty sure you O about 12-24 hrs after a peak test! But I haven’t used them in years so I really forget :/.

Thanks for the response! I’ve done some reading and it looks like some people get it before and some get it after. I was just surprised that it would be so negative if I was actually ovulating when I had the pain.

I’m going to take another one today to see if it’s different or not. We’ve been trying for a year and a half and it’s making me wonder if I’ve been ovulating a few days later than I thought, which would mean we would have missed the egg some months.

In case anyone is interested I took another opk today and it was even more negative than before, so I guess my lh is decreasing. I guess my surge must have been before my cramps and so my ovulation pain is actual ovulation.

We only dtd once in my fertile window this month and it was a few hours after my cramping started. I hope we didn’t miss it!

EB08D64C-2FB7-49F7-AE48-B6390D0EEDFB.jpeg

I don’t know much about opks, but sounds promising that you DTD at the right time. GL!

I normally have ovulation pain before ovulation and it starts 4 to 5 days before.
Also with opk you need to check same time every day preferably with same 4hrs of urine hold.

Thanks for the feedback!

I made sure that I had a longer urine hold and checked at 11.30 am both times I did it. I get af 13 days after I have the cramping, and the tests only got lighter as days went on, so I think it makes sense that my pain would be the same day as my o day. Based on that I’m 8 dpo at the moment and trying not to think about it too much (but mostly failing).

If I don’t get pregnant this month I’ll start opks around day 11 to see if I can catch the peak this time.

I can sometimes get ovulation pain for about 3 days.
But lately I've been getting my positive opk then ovulation pain the day after, then ovulation is confirmed via temps and is always the day after I get my positive opk. But some womon can take 2 days to ovulate after there positive opk.

Just wanted to update and say that af showed up last night (one day earlier than expected). Not sure if we missed my fertile window or not, but I’ll definitely be trying opks this month.

So sorry about AF hon.
I'm on cd5 so we're very close.
Hope this will be our last AFs and we both get our BFPs for Christmas :xmas8:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back