Ovulation Pain

joeybrooks

Ethan and Leo's mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just hoping for some help from you all.

Brief overview, stopped BCP July 2015 (cerazette) no bleed for over 8 weeks, then a super light period I actually thought might have been implantation, but it wasnt.

This bleed was around two weeks ago and in the last few days I've had a lot of EWCM so I was thinking that I might ovulate soon. Yesterday from around 4pm I've been having this very uncomfortable pain in my left side low down. It feels like a cross between a stitch, mild period pain and very painful trapped wind.

It comes and goes in like waves and is easing with pain killers.

I am aware that this may not be ovulation pain and could be somethign more serious, so I will keep an eye on it and if it doesnt ease soon will see a GP, but I do think that is what it is.

So, I have three questions:

1. Has anyone else experienced pain like this and found it to be due to ovulation.

2. If it is ovulation pain, does it mean ovulation is going to happen, is happening now, or has already happened.

3. If this is ovulation pain (it started yesterday at 4pm) and I BD yesterday morning, a few hours before the pain started, any chance I will catch the egg??

Thank you all for any responses.

We all differ. I get o pain starts off a few mins a day and as o gets closer it lasts longer and sometimes the day of o i get sharp stabby pains. My o pain can last 3 to 7 days before o. You should always go by ewcm. I also get o pain for a day or 2 after as well.

What you described sounds like o pain. I also read the difference between o pain and af is af pain is constant pain o pain is in waves.

I've just had horrendous pain in my left side, had to take my trousers off cos my lower tummy swelled up quick n I couldn't bear anything near my knicker line, had to take paracetamol I felt like someone was stabbing me was sweating and aching I my back. Still there now but not as excruciating. Is this normal? I had a positive opk yesterday

I had really tender o pain exactly as you described this month. It was quite painful when I had twinges and other times a dull annoying cramp. I didn't take painkillers and it went away on it own by the evening. It happened the each day ff gave me Crosshairs for a few days later so I'm positive it was ovulation cramps too. I've had similar but more mild cramps since on the same side today. Heres hoping for a great outcome :)

Let's hope that bd at this time catches that egg! I've still got the pain although a lot more dull n achey more so in my left side, we did bd last night and defo will tonite. joeybrooks- looks like u caught that egg anyway that's fab congrats!

Thanks ladies. I was very fortunate and boy, did my body let me know I was ovulating. Good luck to all!

Fab and congrats again, any tips? Did u bd right on day of ovulation?

Well I don't actually know when I ovulated as I don't temp I just happened to bd by chance on the morning before the pain started. I'm assuming that is when I caught the egg.

Congrats!!
The timing of ovulation is really hard to catch and subtle sometimes!
:)

Fab nearly everyone successful here apart from me lol I'm having the same ovulation pain now so going to bd tonite x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->