Ovulation pain?

dragonfly26

Reaction score
Prior months I had a feeling I was ovulating as I would always get twinges around that time. Last month according to just a calendar and usual cycle length it said I should ovulate on Wednesday but then Friday I got really severe abdominal cramping on one side and lower back pain. Bfn that cycle, which would make sense as we planned bd around when the calendar said I would be ovulating. Fast forward to this cycle and I am charting and doing opks, well yesterday I got a positive opk at 1:00 pm then today at around 1145 I got that same severe abdominal pain and lower back pain. Would this be normal or should I be concerned? It only lasts a few hours so far and has been going on about an hour but seems to be getting milder but it is pretty painful. Anyone else get really bad pain around ovulation?

I get crampy on one side or another typically...sometimes it can be quite sharp and severe but doesn't last for me. The OPK will usually be positive the day before O so that makes sense. I only ever get one positive and it's pretty much always the day before O.

Sounds completely normal to me! I get pains and twinges in my ovaries during ovulation, sometimes one sided or sometimes both. You usually ovulate within 12-36 hours AFTER getting a positive on your opk so I would say that you're probably having those pains because you're releasing an egg! Good luck!

Thanks girls! I have done a ton of reading an do feel like I know so much yet know so little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->