"Ovulation" pains during whole LP?

Mitsuko

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Last cycle (I am a few months off BCP but only actively TTC since April), I had what feels like ovulation pains from CD 19. My cycle was 31 days so it might have been OD... It didn't stop until AF showed up.

Now, I've been feeling the same thing since sunday (CD 16): dull cramps in lower abdomen + pang on the left side. I'm afraid there might be something wrong... There aren't supposed to last that long, are they? Could it be that I have something like PCOS or endometriosis?

:cry:

I've had ovarian pain all month through, for at least the last 2 months. It may have been around for longer, but I made more of a note of it since TTC. I mentioned it to my Dr as a vague pain just over a month ago, he prodded and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I went back last week and pointed to the exact source of pain - my right ovary, he prodded again and still couldn't notice any cysts or anything, however he has referred me for an ovarian scan. All I can say is that it's still there and I got BFP 3 days ago. Make notes of the pain and timing (cycle day, after sex, any heavy lifting that day? -some of the Q's I was asked) and go to you Dr armed with your info.

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to "monitor" the pain this month and next month and will call my gp if it hasn't stop by then. The thing is I never really paid attention to my body as I do it now so I might as well imagine things!

Mitsuko, I'm in exactly the same boat - I can definitely feel my left ovary, sometimes it's pain, sometimes it's more of a pulling sensation. It's been happening for the last 2 cycles, but may well have been happening for longer and I just never noticed before!

I feel that for me, it's quite likely to be PCOS since I have several other PCOS symptoms. If it persists I'm going to ask my doctor for a scan.

Hi. Im new here :)
I had my coil out last Jan 08. We've been TTC since Dec 08. My cycles are usually 32-34 days.
My last AF was 13 April. I had EWCm and CP was high, soft & open around the 25 - 27 April, so we BD 24th & 27th. Since the 29th I have had the following:
Tingling sensation (near the knicker line), which progressed to sharp pains in my left side(near hip).
A feeling of my pelvis being spread apart.
Feeling really sick.
Last 2 days the sensations have calmed down to minor cramping, but the sickness keeps coming at different times.
The online calculators say i should be O around the 27th April - 1st May but Ive not any any signs to confirm that.
Will look at testing if nothing happens otherwise will be going to see Doctor to have the above symptoms checked out.

Im due AF around the 14th May so will wait and see.

Good luck to you all and FX :)

Mitsuko, I'm in exactly the same boat - I can definitely feel my left ovary, sometimes it's pain, sometimes it's more of a pulling sensation. It's been happening for the last 2 cycles, but may well have been happening for longer and I just never noticed before!

I feel that for me, it's quite likely to be PCOS since I have several other PCOS symptoms. If it persists I'm going to ask my doctor for a scan.

What are typical PCOS symptoms?
I had a pelvic scan (TMI but the one where they go with the thingy inside you), wouldn't PCOS be detected by that? The gyn told me I had "nice ovaries" but I'm not sure what it means... :D

If you've had a scan and they've looked at your ovaries (and said they're nice!), I'm sure they would have picked up PCOS then if you had it.

Other symptoms of PCOS include: erratic periods, excess testosterone (which can cause hirsuitness), weight gain. That's not a comprehensive list, just the most common symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->