ovulation pains

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by vicky125, Jun 8, 2011.

1. vicky125

vicky125 Pregnant with #3

hi just wondering if anyone has felt ovulation on the same side three months in a row.. and not just around ovulation either.. it happens before and after aswell... i have two working tubes (pretty sure) so just wondering why its always the same side

2. vicky125

3. Apple Blossom

Apple Blossom Mum of three

Hi, I seem to always feel ov on my right side each month but to be honest I have never really thought about it. Not sure if its ok to have ov pains on one side only, so I cant answer your question very well but didnt want to r&r.

4. tupi

tupi Well-Known Member

it says that ovulation occurs in a month on one side and the other months on the other side.
    I don't know the answer at your question. But you are lucky that you feel it. :winkwink:

5. KeltheBell

KeltheBell Member

Hi all - new to this site, but found it googling ovulation pains! I have them really bad today, even had some light spotting yesterday which scared me half to death as I've never had that before, it was day 12 yesterday and due to ovulate on Friday. I've been using ovulation sticks from SME Fertility, they are really cheap but have been bang on so far. Still no bump though, hoping maybe the spotting is a fertility sign for this month!

6. tupi

tupi Well-Known Member

you could have spotting at ovulation. I think it's a good sign.:thumbup:

7. KeltheBell

KeltheBell Member

Thanks Tupi - let's hope so, was only a tiny bit but as I have health anxiety I got really stressed about it -not condusive to dtd! I've been off the pill over a year now (which was traumatic in itself, no-one warned me about how hormonal you are when you're not on it, after 8 years I'd forgotton!) and we've been trying for just less than a year off and on. In that time we've been selling our house which fell through blah blah blah but last week we finally moved into our new, fingers crossed family home, so I'm hoping things are on the up. Attacking this TTC thing full force now, bring on the ovulation sticks!!
    How long have you been trying?
    xxx

8. dncr1010p

dncr1010p Guest

I have! No fun!!

I stopped bc end of Feb. this year, and about 2 weeks before af I got these weird pains I had never ever felt before in my right side. Didn't think anything of it, then I got them again in April 2 weeks before my period and it lasted for a full 2 weeks on an off all on the right side. The day I went to the dr. the pain was switching from side to side. They found a small ovarion cyst on my right ovary. Nothing to worry about but she said that you do not ovulate on one side one cycle and then switch sides your next cycle. Durring one cycles you can ovulate from both ovaries and its completely normal to feel pain all on one side or switching up before, durring and after ovulation. I noticed in May that I had ovulation pains for 3 weeks on and off and switching sides..freaking sucks! Let alone coming off bc was horrible. My emotions were out of control!!

9. KeltheBell

KeltheBell Member

I totally agree coming off bc is awful, its taken me ages to feel ok again Xx

10. sjbno1

sjbno1 Sarah - mummy & TTC#2

hi hun, didnt want to read and run, i've noticed that i got ovu pains on the same side 2months in a row then this month i had them on the other side :shrug: not sure why that occurs :wacko:

btw just wondering, do your pains sometimes feel like stabbing pains depending on how you sit etc?

11. vicky125

hey sorta... i mean they have been on my right the last three but last month it was both.. yeah it does stab at times.. with my first month of ovulation i had to take pain relie it was that bad.. last month it stabbed heaps (i was lying down)and this month im dreading it cuz its gonna hurt again :(

12. mammag

mammag Expecting a Rainbow

It's very common to feel them on the right side month after month, you have a dominant ovary just like you have a dominant hand that will tend to ovulate more often, however; little known fact; Left sided ovulation tends to result in pregnancy MORE frequently! I never ovulate from my left side *boo* so I don't know from personal experience but I've read studies on the subject!

13. sjbno1

Just wondering if you found that since having a baby the pains are more prominent? I've found this as before I had izzie I never got ovu pains :)

14. vicky125

yeah i do.. before i got pregnant i never had any pain.. maybe its knocked it out of place or something?

15. sjbno1

Lol maybe :) mines the same I'm sure I never had them before lol maybe we're more sensitive lol

16. vicky125

well just before i was cramping on my left... Not anywhere near ovulation yet buut heres hoping both release an egg :D

17. berry26

berry26 Well-Known Member

I keep getting really bad pains in my left side, this is my first month of the pill and ttc. so i am not really sure what they are! can it be a side effect of comming of the pill? or is is ov pains?

i did get my first positive opk yesterday, but these pains have happnened on and off since my body realised i had stopped taking the pill! lol like literally the day i was supposed to take the pill again after the regular break, pains in my left side started!

18. vicky125

id say thats normal... Your body would have been wanting the pill to suppress ovulation and when u didnt start it had to get into gear to start making an egg for you.. :D hoping u have bettr luck than me and get ur egg ferilised :D

19. Geminus

Geminus Well-Known Member

Hi ladies I have to say that I got my smiley face opk yesterday afternoon and waiting to bd today (hoping I haven't missed :cry:) I see lots of ew and I'm feeling crampy on both sides today and the middle :shrug: so I am no help :shrug: I hope I didn't miss ov.. this is so hard! I did bd 15 hours before my positive opk & the crampy feelings started who knows :cry:

20. berry26

berry26 Well-Known Member

Thank you Vicky, lots of baby dust for you :) x