Ovulation/progesterone level

Briarroselex

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone could help me. I have pcos and I just started trying to get pregnant. I took a 21 ovulation test and got the results today. My progesterone level was at 2.5. My dr said it was low but I'm still ovulating. Everything I see online says that number is very low and that's means I'm not ovulating. Why didn't my dr seem concerned. The only think they said was get an opk. Is anyone knowledgable in this? What does this number mean? Thank you for any input.

First question was your test done in nmol/l or ng/ml. The units change what your numbers should look like. Kind of like measuring something in inches or centimeters. The numbers will look different but they mean the same length.

That being said if we assume ng/ml 2.5 is a confusing number because less than two indicates no ovulation and greater than five means ovulatory. My doctor likes to see at least 10ng/ml. If I take my cd21 test instead the day after ovulation my progesterone is low like yours.

Did they test you at CD21 or at 7DPO? While for the Classic example they are the same thing for most of us they are very different days.

I took the 21 day test, is it possible that's the issue? My cycle is usually 30 days. I think the 21 day goes on 28? I also checked and it's ng/ml so it do a confusing number. I hope it's ok.

It was a 21 day test. Maybe that's it I think those tests are for 28 day cycles and not 30. I don't know. Also it's ng/ml. I just checked. I wonder why my dr wasn't concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->