Ovulation question, answer needed by bed time ;)

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by happigail, Mar 28, 2011.

1. happigail

happigail Mummy to Kitty and Ashy.

Hi guys!

I have a mild cramping and this afternoon 5pm ish I had what seemed to be stretchy ovulation discharge. My man is at work, until midnight ish, if we DTD tonight, would I be finished ovulating if I had these symptoms yesterday and today? I have no idea how long the ovulation window is?

I cant work out ovulation by days as my cycle is irregular and I'm not doing temps at this point.

Thanks in advance guys :flower:

2. sarina53172

sarina53172 Guest

i think the ovulation window is 12-36hours..or 12 to 24 hours...i hope one of the other gurls can give you an exact answer didnt want to read n run

3. SteffieLee

SteffieLee Mommy of 3

Hard to say. Have you used opk? If you are ovulating then the egg only lives 12 hrs or so I think. The cramping could mean ovulation is today, which you should be fine if you dtd tonight when hubby returns. Good luck!

4. FloridaGirl21

FloridaGirl21 Mommy to twin boys

Hi happigail, if you were using opk's you'd have a better idea of when your window began & ended.. and if you're having O'pains yesterday & today, it's hard to say exactly when your O'ing but I get to bd'ing asap!! Your egg can last 12-24 hours, so fx'ed you'll be able to catch it!

ps you should use opk's, you'll be able to pinpoint pretty much to the day when you've O'd & you'll know ahead of time what's going on.. It's especially nice if you've got irregular cycles.. GL

5. SteffieLee

SteffieLee Mommy of 3

I Googled and most say egg lives 12-24 hours but a few say 24-36. So I don't know which is correct but you should be fine either way.

6. happigail

happigail Mummy to Kitty and Ashy.

Hi guys thanks loads for the info! I'll just take my chances nothing ventured nothing gained right?!!

I will look into what OPK is, thanks for that advice.

Abbie x