Ovulation Question

gemsey

Reaction score
Hi everyone,:hi:

I have been off the pill now since Jan 07 and my cycles are really long. About 6-7 weeks and I never know if I have O'd or not. Last cycle I tried OPK for about 2 weeks when I thought I should O but they all came back negative and my cycle was 7 weeks long that time. So haven't bothed this time as I didn't have a clue when it would be.

After reading on this site and other places about the signs of O I noticed on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday that my CM had changed and last night I did a OPK and it came back +. So last night I made sure we BD, unfortunately we never BD on Monday night but did on Sunday.

If the OPK was + yesterday then when would have been the best time to BD?

I hope I didn't miss out on the Monday!!!!

Also is there anyone else who has long cycles or did have and tried something that made them shorter?

Don't worry - You didn't miss your chance - I believe the window of opportunity after your LH Surge (The hormone detected on your Ovulation stick) is approximately 36 hours.

You could try various supplements and/or herbs that would help regulate your Cycle, such as Angus Cactus, which can be very effective in balancing hormones.
Evening Primrose Oil is a good choice to remedy the problems you are having with long cycles. It contains Omega-6 fatty acid GLA, which is a fatty acid that the body converts into the hormone-like substances called prostaglandins, which promotes female hormonal balance.

...It can take up to 3 months for the results of taking Evening Primrose Oil to show results, so you'll need to bear that in mind if you think it's not working after a month!

Hope this helps a little

Congrats on the positive OPK! I hope you caught the eggie!

Thank you.

I hope I caught it too. My OH :sperm: better be good little swimmers!!

I have been taking those Angus Catus tablets this cycle, but don't know if they have worked or not.
I do also take evening primrose to help with PMT cos I have really bad mood swings and do find they help with that but I read somewhere that you shouldn't take them in the 2ww (which is when I need them most!!) so haven't been taking them after when I think I may have O.

Gemma

Thank you.

I hope I caught it too. My OH :sperm: better be good little swimmers!!

I have been taking those Angus Catus tablets this cycle, but don't know if they have worked or not.
I do also take evening primrose to help with PMT cos I have really bad mood swings and do find they help with that but I read somewhere that you shouldn't take them in the 2ww (which is when I need them most!!) so haven't been taking them after when I think I may have O.

Gemma

Both the Angus Cactus and Evening Primrose Oil can take up to 3 months to have any effect, so if you don't get your BFP this month, you may have to bear with them until they are in your system.
Your right, Angus Cactus is not reccomended for breast feeding or pregnant women, so thats why you aren't suppoosed to take it during your TWW.

Good Luck!

Hello All

Well I did ovulate on the day I got + OPK. Bang on 2 weeks later I got my AF. I was a little gutted but also glad that I am actually ovulating and can now time myself and I know what symptoms to look out for.

So just have to keep trying!!!

I have also just started a new job, not by choice but had to leave my old one. Does anyone know how long you have to be employed before you qualify for Maternity Pay?

Worried that if I do get pregnant I won't get any money.

Thanks

Gemma

26 weeks to get pay from your employer but if you dont qualify for that then you can get maternity allowence from the DWP

Im in the same boat having just started a job.

I have also just started a new job, not by choice but had to leave my old one. Does anyone know how long you have to be employed before you qualify for Maternity Pay?

You need to have been there for 6 months before the 15th week of your pregnancy to qualify for Maternity leave and I think that includes getting the full maternity pay from your employer too.

try taking you temperature in the morning when you wake up before you first get out of bed. then do a chart on fertilityfriend.com. this worked for me!!! and i have very long cycles also. when you see a rise in your temps, get on the ball! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"