Ovulation Questions..and OPK's!!

mrsmcnamara

TTC#1 - Praying for a BFP
Reaction score
I use the poas OPK's and I never know when to start the OV count! Do you start the DPO count from the day you first saw a faint line showing that small LH surge, or do you start the DPO count after you are pretty sure you are done OVing?? I am so confused because I never know which day I ACTUALLY ovulated.Unless you are one of those women who can actually FEEL the egg release or have an advanced digital monitor, how can you tell when you ovulated? Also, do any of you know of any other digital ovulation kits that don't cost and arm and a leg, or are they worth the money? Sorry if these are dumb questions....I am just very confused. Thanks! BFP's for everyone!:hug:

I asked this same question a while ago as I was starting to confuse myself with all the info. I'm still not entirely sure...

The first +OPK indictates the LH surge... which means OV can occur in 24-36 hours, so I think you count DPO after the second +OPK.... I can't remember.... I'm not really much help am I?! :rofl:

I would count the day after pos ov test as ov day. What does everyone else think?

Thanks! Ok, so I guess I will start counting from the day I get the first +LH surge. That helps clear things up a lot, so thank you very much! Much luck, ladies!

u need to get two dark lines b4 its a pos opk though first!! just with u saying do u count it from first faint line, a neg is a faint line n the normal dark control line!!

when u get a pos opk thats not ur O day either, well it usually isnt, sometimes u will get 2pos opk, u O 12-36 hrs after ur first pos opk .,,,which is the 2lines as dark as each other hun x x x then u will shud count O from ur 2nd pos or the next day of ur first pos, confusin i know...charting doeant coa anything, u just need a 4digi thermometer and fertilityfriend 2put ur temp in2 every day and this will confirm O :)

u need to get two dark lines b4 its a pos opk though first!! just with u saying do u count it from first faint line, a neg is a faint line n the normal dark control line!!

when u get a pos opk thats not ur O day either, well it usually isnt, sometimes u will get 2pos opk, u O 12-36 hrs after ur first pos opk .,,,which is the 2lines as dark as each other hun x x x then u will shud count O from ur 2nd pos or the next day of ur first pos, confusin i know...charting doeant coa anything, u just need a 4digi thermometer and fertilityfriend 2put ur temp in2 every day and this will confirm O :)

OK, that makes a lot more sense! Thank you. Hmmm...where do I find a good fertilityfriend? I don't know how good I would be at keeping track of my temp everyday. I have to get up so very early for work and I am already dead tired as it is so I don't think that I would have time to sit there every morning to test. But I am thinking of getting a digital one. Who knows? Anyway, I will start count now after my 2 dark lines. :p

:dust::dust:

LOL sry i ment the site www.fertilityfriend.com its fab and u get 30 free vip days when u sign up,but u cant use the forums through this though,doesnt matter wot time u get up just as long as u "try" 2take ur temp every day same time,write it down then when u have time sign in on ff and put in ur temp...simple as that, honest its grt, u can do as much as u want or as little as want its grt, most lasses on ere are on there charting or payin members aswell....click the link at the bottom on my sig n av a look at the chart im on now n my last2it will show u :)

Hi there
The clear blue digital tests are really quite good they are a little expensive but there really really good and you dont miss ovualation
They come with 7 sticks and you get a smiley face when your ovulating and a sign like this when your not > O

You start testing from day 10 also if your not using test sticks if you have a 28 day cycle then the best time to get pregnant is 12 to 14 days before your next period
and if you have a later cycle it would be 14 to 16 ..........

So remember the best thing to do if not using test sticks would be to do a day miss a day as sperm lives for 24 hrs and a egg lives for only 12hrs ,

Also a woman can sometimes tell by her cervical mucas we all get this round ovualtion
it is white and sticky when coming round to ovulation and its clear wet and stretchy like a raw egg white when you are at your most fertile and if you use your middle finger and thumb and if spread your fingers apart and this does not snap till you fully stretch out your fingers then your egg is waiting for you .........

There will be no mucas at all and will feel dry when you are not fertile

Hope this helps mail me if you have any more questions
Good luck

:hug:

LOL sry i ment the site www.fertilityfriend.com its fab and u get 30 free vip days when u sign up,but u cant use the forums through this though,doesnt matter wot time u get up just as long as u "try" 2take ur temp every day same time,write it down then when u have time sign in on ff and put in ur temp...simple as that, honest its grt, u can do as much as u want or as little as want its grt, most lasses on ere are on there charting or payin members aswell....click the link at the bottom on my sig n av a look at the chart im on now n my last2it will show u :)

THANK YOU!!!

Hi there
The clear blue digital tests are really quite good they are a little expensive but there really really good and you dont miss ovualation
They come with 7 sticks and you get a smiley face when your ovulating and a sign like this when your not > O

You start testing from day 10 also if your not using test sticks if you have a 28 day cycle then the best time to get pregnant is 12 to 14 days before your next period
and if you have a later cycle it would be 14 to 16 ..........

So remember the best thing to do if not using test sticks would be to do a day miss a day as sperm lives for 24 hrs and a egg lives for only 12hrs ,

Also a woman can sometimes tell by her cervical mucas we all get this round ovualtion
it is white and sticky when coming round to ovulation and its clear wet and stretchy like a raw egg white when you are at your most fertile and if you use your middle finger and thumb and if spread your fingers apart and this does not snap till you fully stretch out your fingers then your egg is waiting for you .........

There will be no mucas at all and will feel dry when you are not fertile

Hope this helps mail me if you have any more questions
Good luck

:hug:

Thanks so much! I kept wondering how people know about that ewcm thing but no one ever gave any details about it before. I really appreciate it. I am stil undecided on the Clear Blue FM because it is so expensive. Oh well, maybe someday. For now I am just going to stick to checking the mucous and the over-the-counter OPK's. They seem to be working for me. Thanks again! :hug: and BFP your way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->