Ovulation questions .... In need of some O knowledge here!!

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
1st question..... Can you conceive 2 days after O? I DTD almost 2 days after O.... Wondering what are the chances?

2nd question..... How long does an egg survive?

3rd question..... I didn't OPK , but for 2 days After my assumed O date, I had TMI massive amounts of watery and EWCM .... Should I assume I was ovulating late? Is that normal? How long does O cm last for?

Really that's like 12 questions LOL sorry.... Just need some knowledgable answers here please!

Thanks so much :)

Hello! Everything that I have read as well as my Dr. say that an egg can last for 24 hours. So, you probably cannot get pregnant if you DTD 2 days after ovulation. BUT, I suspect you ovulated later than you think. EWCM can last for several days before ovulation but should dry up just after ovulation. Many, if not most, women don't ovulate on exactly the same day every cycle. What made you pick your O date?

Just in case you don't know....while an egg can only survive 24 hours, sperm can survive 3-5 days so it's always better to DTD before ovulation rather than after.

Thank you!! I was using OPK but haven't had them around lately, my cycles are a bit off, 28-32 days, majority of the time I used opk i would ovulate around cd 16 , and my fertility friend suggests that date lol , I know it's not great to go by, but my body days it was happening later I believe.....
If eggs only last 24 hrs then I'm most likely out.... Ill still be POAS though! Lol

fingers crossed that your timing was better than you thought!

1st question..... Can you conceive 2 days after O? I DTD almost 2 days after O.... Wondering what are the chances?

2nd question..... How long does an egg survive?

3rd question..... I didn't OPK , but for 2 days After my assumed O date, I had TMI massive amounts of watery and EWCM .... Should I assume I was ovulating late? Is that normal? How long does O cm last for?

Really that's like 12 questions LOL sorry.... Just need some knowledgable answers here please!

Thanks so much :)

1&2) its highly unlikely you caught ovulation two days after the fact. Only because the majority of the time an egg is only able to be fertilized 12-24 hrs maximum 36 hrs after being released.
3) it appears by ur cm u could have ovulated later then u thought when I first was ttc .....I ovulated CD15-16 now I am at CD18-20

With that said I wish u the best of luck :). And **baby dust**

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->