Ovulation test help

mumof1+1

Mommato#4beauties
Reaction score
I haven’t really bothered with OPK before trying with my current partner and that was really only down to my age!

I miscarried on 12/2 and believe to have had my first period on 12/3 which was very heavy in comparison to any other period I’ve ever had. Since that period I’ve had intermittent cramps and spotting. It’s not coming out as such but is there when I wipe and occasionally have tiny clots too so I’ve decided to try OPK to try work my cycle out. I’m using P Tracker which has my ovulation day as today. I did an OPK this afternoon which I believe to have been negative although there is a line. Any help appreciated as not really clued up on all this stuff!! Thanks xxx

5D58DDF3-91DD-4A16-998B-249CCB5F85D1.jpeg

That's still negative, but hopefully won't be long before it goes positive. I always get two lines, and it gets progressively darker.
This was mine from the cycle I got pregnant. Some of them look positive, but it got darker until it was the same or slightly darker than the control on CD18 & 19. Hope this helps!

920FF919-BE64-42C2-88A0-0F1256C8B577.jpeg

Thank you for your reply.

I believe, going on my last proper bleed the OPK was taken on CD15 so today will be CD16 but with the intermittent cramping and spotting I’m unsure how the land lies with it at the moment. Will do another this afternoon and see what that says. I feel so desperate to be pregnant again and it’s killing me I know it takes time but we’re 39 and feel we’re running out of time.... one day maybe I hope... xxx

Feel free to post other pics if you need an opinion. I'm not an expert, but that's what I used to track mine. Then followed the sperm meets egg plan and conceived in the first cycle. You should give that a go, there's a lot of success stories! Good luck xx

Thank you so much. Today’s test is even lighter than yesterday’s and doubt it would even remotely show on a picture. Don’t know if I haven’t ovulated yet or if I’ve just missed it ‍♀️ Totally clueless even more now xx

What time of day are you testing? Are you doing it after a 3-4 hour hold? I always tested about 6pm and held from about 2pm. Sometimes mine got lighter before my positive xx

Hello again hon.
With my OPKs I started testing around cycle day 7 and had really faint line then by cycle day 11 there was no line at all not even a faint one.
I woke up on cycle day 12 just feeling so off. I felt totally exhausted and my lower back was achey and I had pain in my right hand side. I tested at around 7pm and got a very almost positive. Then on cycle day 13 I got a positive at around lunch time. It never got darker than the control line tho, it just got as dark as the control line. I tested again in the evening but it was back to completely negative with only the most faintest line.
So I O on cycle day 13 the same day I had the positive opk. I'll see if I still have pics of them

20190328_155516.jpg

1st is cycle day 8
2nd cycle day 9
3rd cycle day 10
4th cycle day 11
5th cycle day 12
6th cycle day 13
Hope this helps hon. By the evening on the day I got the positive it went back to being very very faint again. I must of had a very short surge.
I also found out ure supposed to test twice a day but I didnt know that at the time. It's only because it can be very easily missed.

What time of day are you testing? Are you doing it after a 3-4 hour hold? I always tested about 6pm and held from about 2pm. Sometimes mine got lighter before my positive xx
I’m testing around 2pm but wasn’t told to hold. I’ve done 3 days, all negative but today’s there’s no line showing at all. Hoping my new sticks arrive tomorrow so I can carry on. Today according to my app is CD17. I’m so confused haha. I’m assuming I’m out for this month as I’m hoping that way it’ll be less painful when AF shows early April xxx

Thank you suggerhoney. It helps but I’m still not holding out much hope for this month xxx

Ok so now I’m even more confused. I read up that apparently about 3% of women can experience ovulation bleeding. Anywhere from 11 days after AF. So I figured maybe that’s what I had had when I had the spotting earlier this week. My new OPK came today. It’s still negative but there’s a second line again...:shrug: The control line seems darker on the new tests too. I’ve attached the image of first (tuesdays) and today’s OPK. Any thoughts?? I’m totally lost now ](*,)

275DAE68-6B71-4BED-8796-C50154723E46.jpeg DF8D21E0-DB38-4337-8E0D-F8FC563ACCC1.jpeg

Ok so now I’m even more confused. I read up that apparently about 3% of women can experience ovulation bleeding. Anywhere from 11 days after AF. So I figured maybe that’s what I had had when I had the spotting earlier this week. My new OPK came today. It’s still negative but there’s a second line again...:shrug: The control line seems darker on the new tests too. I’ve attached the image of first (tuesdays) and today’s OPK. Any thoughts?? I’m totally lost now ](*,)

View attachment 1058379 View attachment 1058381
I still don't think you've ovulated yet. That latest one looks very close. Try again this evening, mine were always best between 6-8pm. Keeping everything crossed for you!!

This is it dry. Not entirely sure there’s much difference in the 2 really. I do think todays looks a lot closer. First pic taken after a few minutes second pic fully dry. I will do. Thank you

91DEEF75-8F40-43E6-9A74-FDC2DDF1BFE4.jpeg 74318A0B-2866-495F-8A9D-53F2ECB8802B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->