Ovulation tests after giving birth.

anna_marie

ttc after loss <3
Reaction score
I've been using the target brand up & up ovulation tests. It says to use first mornig urine.

I had a baby January 30th. And she didn't make it after birth. I havn't started my period yet. And I've taken a few pregnancy tests and all neg. So I've decided to start using ovulation tests so I can catch my ovulation. I've also started taking vitex hoping that will normalize my hormones. I havn't had a positive ovulation yet and I've been taking them for about 17 days. But most of the time the line stays about the same every day. And theres never much of a difference. How long did it take for you to start you period of giving birth. And am I using the ovulation tests wrong?

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 8
Hey hun...I am SO terribly sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you!

I have never used the Target brand, but they look pretty comparable to most OPK's, besides using first morning urine, I usually test between 11am-2pm and sometimes twice a day, 2nd time I do it like 6-8pm. After I had my DS in July, it only took about 2 months for me to get a period, and that was even with breastfeeding. My OB told me that women are incredibly fertile after giving birth, so I'm sure you will have no problem conceiving very soon. With the OPK's, maybe try another time of day to see if it makes a difference because it typically takes a few hours after waking up for the LH to metabolize in your urine, which is what helps give us the accurate OPK readings.

GL! :hug:

I just wanted to say I'm so very sorry for your loss, and that I agree w/ babyhopes, FMU is not the best way to go with OPK's as a woman's surge generally hits at around 8am and it takes about 4 hrs to make it's way into the urine. So testing after noon and before 2-3pm is ideal. Also; after a birth and especially after such a traumatic loss it may take a while for your body to get back to normal. I'm not sure how long however as I breastfed my children and didn't have my period the whole time. Again I am very very sorry for your loss.

Thanks it helps alot. Well overall I've ben usuing opks for about 20 days and not one ovulation. Ive starting charting my temps this morning. And I'm getting a ovulation scope today that my friend is letting me barrow. So hopefully with all 3. it will help me more.

just wana say im so so sorry for ur baby angel :cry: lifes so cruel :cry:

i wish u all the best, charting is the way to detect O if opk are confusing x

:cry: it really gets to me when people lose their babies ive been through that four times if you ever need anyone to talk to i am always here for you

I am so sorry for your loss. What a heartbreak.
I start ovulating about 4 weeks after my milk completely dries up. I charted my temp and my mucus so I would know when to take an OPK and if I ovulated. when I had the watery, egg white mucus, I would take the tests. With my pregnancy this time, I took the tests 3 times a day- morning, noon and bedtime. I didn't get a positive one until 10pm one night, and it was another one the next am, but negative by that afternoon, so if you don't test at just the right time, you could miss it. And the OPK only say that you had your LH surge and you should be ovulating with in the next 24-48 hours. In my case it was about 48 hours.
Also, I know that my temp will drop the day I ovulate, then the next morning will shoot up so I know that I had ovulated. Just keep testing and trying things until you figure out what is going on with your body and the signs and hits it gives you. After I had my first, I wanted to get pregnant again right away but it still took about 9 months. Wish you luck and lots of baby dust and know that you will be able to see your beautiful baby again someday!

Here an update. Top is the older .. bottom newer.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 0062.jpg
    0062.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 6
Here an update. Top is the older .. bottom newer.

THat bottom one is a lot darker! That's kinda how mine started to look, then I got my 2 positives, really dark ones that matched the first line on the test. Looks like you might be getting close! Good luck!

Thanks. I'm also using the saliva microscope. I dont know if you know about them.. But this is my picture for that. First one was for this morning.. 2nd was yesterday afternoon.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 6
  • sd.jpg
    sd.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 6
Thanks. I'm also using the saliva microscope. I dont know if you know about them.. But this is my picture for that. First one was for this morning.. 2nd was yesterday afternoon.

I have heard about them but I have never tried it. Your looking for the ferning, right? Looks like there might be a little bit. Do you check your cervical mucus at all?

Yepp for ferning. And I've never really checked cervical muscous and monitored it. I prob. should start. There hasn't been too much of a difference in it tho. I'm about to go take another opk before I go to bed since it was a "little" bit darker when I took one this morning.

Looking at your last OPK's, the bottom one definitely looks very close to positive!! When I got my positive, it was much like that, only part of my test line was really dark just like yours, FX'd for you hun :D

:hugs:

Here's today. I'd say it's about the same as yestedays. Which was a "lil" darker then the rest.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 0050.jpg
    0050.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 6
it does look darker! that's what mine started out looking like for a day or two- I'm trying to remember- I think it was that dark for tuesday and wednesday, then Wed. night and thursday morning I got my positive, then it went back to that lighter dark Thursday and Friday it was light and I ovulated sometime Friday night-Saturday Morning. Fingers crossed! :thumbup:

So I'm guessing I should prob. start testing one then once a day then. Since it's getting darker? I'm really hoping it will keep getting darker!! And not tease me.. and get lighter again! Lol. I guess I should try and start BDing a little more often right now.. Just in case!

So I'm guessing I should prob. start testing one then once a day then. Since it's getting darker? I'm really hoping it will keep getting darker!! And not tease me.. and get lighter again! Lol. I guess I should try and start BDing a little more often right now.. Just in case!

I would test a couple times a day- at least once in the morning and once in the afternoon. And it wouldn't hurt it get a little friendly with you man! ;) I heard that it's best to try everyother day to make sure that the sperm count is high enough... have fun and good luck!!

Todays

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 0155.jpg
    0155.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2
I am so very sorry for your loss, I know this thread is very old but we are going through the same thing. We lost our daughter after birth a month ago and are looking at starting ovulation tests. Did you have any luck with the test or conceiving and delivering a healthy baby?
thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->