Ovulation tests help please

xxmyheartxx

momma of 6
Reaction score
Right, so i stopped the pill the start of june, being bd every 2-3 days with hubby, not preggo yet, no af yet, can i start using ovulation tests without af? Ive never used them before so not got a clue lol, many thanks xxx

Usually based on your cycle like with me and a 28 day and ovulating around CD 14 I'd start testing around 10 dpo, don't use fmu as you can get a false result, twice a day is best I normally test around 1pm and 6/7pm (sometimes the lh surge is v short and testing once a day can miss it) the test line HAS to be as dark or darker than the control line to be positive and you should ovulate within 12/36 hours usually, however sometimes the body can gear up to ovulate but for different reasons not and the body tries again later so without temping its hard to know for sure but still gives you an idea. Without AF you won't know whereabouts in your cycle you are and therefore when to test, I'm not sure what to suggest there hunni! Xx

PS just keep bd as then you're covered whatever! Xx

Hi there, I'm new to TTC so definitely not an expert, but my understanding is that you MAY want to wait until your first AF after stopping bcp. But you don't have to. No reason why you can't use OPKs, but it's harder to guess when to test when you haven't had a normal cycle yet post-bcp. I'm using the wondfo strips and started on CD 7 (early, but my cycles alternate short and long so I wanted to make sure not to miss it). If you haven't had a cycle yet after birth control, hard to guess where you are in your cycle and start testing for O. I think personally, I would wait until after first AF comes. Are you planning to temp as well? I don't at the moment because my morning schedule is crazy and never the same, but I just use the cheapies OPK strips so I don't feel bad testing every day while I'm trying to figure out when I ovulate! Good luck!

Thank you so much for explaining it to me, i really have no idea, i just want af to show so i can start, i dont think i can temp as my 20 month old still isnt very good at sleeping and im up countless amount of times in the night still, im going to have a look at tests on ebay now, thanks again x

No worries hunni good luck and I hope AF shows soon:) xxxxx

So ive ordered 50 off ebay, as im a poas addict, do i really need to wait til af or can i start right away? Xx

You could always do one or two to see! Won't hurt as you've got so many, I always have a fade in where the line slowly darkens everyday until i getva positive although not everybody does:) xx

Ooo im so going to start when they arrive ha, so the 2nd line has to be as dark or darker than test line then ov will/should happen? Xx

Yes the line has to be as dark or darker than the test line to be positive

Im actually quite excited about trying it, spoke to my dr whose not concerned had no af yet, was on depo for 9 months last year, then my pill so really have no idea when af will show, i will post a pic when i test for input :) xx

Oh yes please do! Love to see, I'm not using them anymore so I need to look at someone's lol xxx

Just waiting on the postman, thinking of testing about 4pm as i know i can do that time daily xx

First ever ovulation test, quick question will there always be 2 lines on it?

Attachments

• DSC_1213.jpg
    DSC_1213.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 5
Probably yes, most women have some lh in their system most of the time, some women have a stark white but most I've spoken to/seen the tests have had a faint line. I've never tested and not had a faint line but then I've never tested during AF! Xx

Thanks hun, i couldn't wait til 4 lol, so im just going to test every day now and c what happens, thank you again for all ur help xx

I don't blame you if I had something to pee on I would LOL, yes just do them daily and hopefully you'll get a fade in like me where they darken over a few days, although some just get a positive out of no where, you're more than welcome:) here anytime if you need anything xxx

Hopefully i will get that, poor hubby we have being bd every 2-3 days, but can stretch that to 4-5 now lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->