ovulation??????

mummy2_1

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
So I have pcos, and have pain which I call ovulation pain as it was explained to me by a fertility Dr ; when the egg tries to exit the ovary the existing cysts get in the way so a hormone is released to enlarge the ovary (causing the pain) the pain I have experienced in the past can last from a few hours to 6days. Now, I don't know which day during the is ovulation day. So I decided to get opk off line. Should be arriving any day. Hopefully they will give me a better idea to when I ovulate.

Anyone with similar stories or advice would be appreciated.

I recommend taking your BBT every morning to see when you ovulate, because OPKs can be wrong especially with PCOS.

Ahh glad you said that thanks bbt???

It means Basal body temperature , basically your temp right upon waking in the morning , before getting up, you can learn more at fertilityfriend.com

I too have PCOS and I get numerous positive OpKs a month so they don't help me. I do the temping and it really helps. It's exciting too!

I'm knew to temping
So take temp every morning
And track. But how do u know when o'ing??

I'm knew to temping
So take temp every morning
And track. But how do u know when o'ing??

I don't temp myself at the moment, but the idea is that if you track your temp every morning, after a couple cycles you'll start to notice a dip around the time that you should be ovulating (compare with the day AF appears). Once you've figure out the pattern, you can start using that dips as you see it happen to have a much better idea of which days you're ovulating. First couple of months is usually just getting to know your cycle, but after that it's like asking your body each day if today's the best day to try. Once you know the pattern, you'll see the change the morning you're ovulating and know what it means.

FertilityFriend.com is an amazing resource for learning about your fertility and how to track it, even with PCOS. I recommend that anyone trying to conceive create a Fertility Friend account and do the tutorials. I learned so much about my body and my cycles from the tutorials, and it only took me a couple of days to complete.

They also have galleries of users' charts that you can search. There is an option to search charts of women with PCOS so it might be helpful, as you are learning, to compare your chart to other women with PCOS. Obviously, every woman and every body is different, but most people who start using FF find it tremendously helpful. Good luck!

Personally, I chart my temp, CM, CP and OPK bc I am very type-A (and a little bit nutty) but I have found OPK's to sometimes be more confusing than helpful. As you chart, you'll learn what your body's signals are over time.

Re: your original question, the ovulation pain will help you to narrow down a window in which you may have ovulated, but the only way to confirm that ovulation has occurred is with a clear and sustained temperature shift. At some point during or after the days of O pain, your basal body temperature will rise and will stay elevated for several days. That's how you know that ovulation has occurred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->