Owch!

Waiting4Bump

Reaction score
I'm having the worst luck ever with my health atm! :cry:

I have tonsillitis, that ended up with me in bed all day yesterday :( I've never done that in my life before that I can really remember! This morning, I woke up crying my eyes out, and I have never felt pain like it in my throat, or ears, and I seriously have never felt so ill :cry:

My main issue is my parents! They never listen to me. They treat me like a baby.."Oh, you will be fine, it's only a bit of pain!" NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not a bit of pain, it feels like someone is shoving a hot poker in my throat and ears constantly, and 5 times as bad when I swallow..It brings tears to my eyes, so I'm spitting more than anything else..I can't eat and drinking is the biggest pain :(

I'm meant to be doing a week at the nursery..I can't do it!! I feel so weak, I haven't eaten for almost 48 hours! :(

Should I go up to the out of hours at the hospital..? The pain is getting worse, not better, despite using sore throat sprays and Tyrozets! :( xx

I guess your Mum and Dad have never had it.

Tonsillitis really sucks :( I get it a few times a year. When you look at your throat in the mirror are there white ulcers on them? If so you'll need antibiotics to clear it up, you might also have an ear infection with it. Get your tail to the doctors and find out if its bacterial or viral. Throat sprays and Tyrozets won't do anything for it. (trust me lol)
You really need to try to drink cause if not you'll get really dehydrated and that will make you feel even worse and that's no help to the baby either.

I don't think you should do the nursery until its cleared up tbh, don't want the kids getting it as it's contagious.

Try some icecream or sucking on ice cubes..

Hope you feel better soon :)

Try gargling on soluble paracetamol (as long as you haven't already taken anything with paracetamol in). Hope you feel better soon hun.:hugs:

Mum says I HAVE to be better for tomorrow, because I am definately going to nursery :cry: She doesn't get it does she. I'm in bed, shaking so much and I have no idea why..I have a fever, and massive white spots on my tonsils :cry: I can feel them on my tongue!

The Tyrozets aren't even touching the pain! I haven't eaten for so long, and I can barely swallow. I wish I could drive, or something. I just wish I could get to the doctors :cry: I hate it! xx

Your mother needs to take note of what you're saying. What's she going to do if you say you feel to bad to go? Drag you out of bed and dress you and carry you there? grr.

You def need antibiotics with the white spots. It will not clear up otherwise.
A high fever can be dangerous during pregnancy. You need to go to the Dr. Why can't you go? The Dr will tell you no regarding the nursery also. Going is just going to make you 10 x worse. You need rest and lots of fluids as a fever will make you dehydrate faster.

Gargling on soluble paracetamol is a very good idea. :hug:

oh sweetie poor poor you :hugs: i think you probably should go to the out of hours docs today, that way they can help your pain, and your mum should take note of it :hugs: thinking of you x x x

Thank you lovlies :hugs:

Well, the white spots have got bigger, and merged into one on the left hand side, but it's the right side that hurts more? :dohh: :rofl: I've tried everything I can think of at home..Tyrozets, Difflam Spray, Morrison's Lozenges, Paracetmol? There is nothing else is there??

I rang NHS Direct before but they were only taking emergency calls! :hissy::hissy:

I feel a bit more human now, but my throat is worse than ever!! I have got a really funny tummy as well now, so no idea what it is! :cry: I'm going to ring up first thing in the morning, and get a doctors appointment I think. xx

Aww hun hope you feel better soon. :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->