Own brand goods

I'm a brand snob :( I don't really buy own brand anything.. Except pasta! We shop at Morrisons (religiously :lol: ) and I buy the same thing every week, sometimes with a few offers thrown in. We've tried tescos own brand stuff (but tesco sucks in general) and asda is mostly pretty rank so just stick to what we know now!

We tend to buy brand stuff too. I buy Smartprice kidney beans, Asda own biscuits sometimes if I am there but that is about it. I do buy quite a few things in Costco which are their own brand. I swear by their Kirkland toilet rolls and always buy the massive pack of them (about 20 packs of 4)!

my shopping is a mix of smart price, asda brand (the step up from smart price) and branded
i love smart price jaffa cakes

I buy value chopped tomatoes to make sauces etc they are great, also get value carrots and potatoes, they taste great just get sold in the value range because they are often odd shapes.

Recently we have tried to make cut backs and have switched to a cheaper version of a lot of things and havent really noticed the diff

I tend to buy mostly branded but mainly because of dietary requirements - e.g. only eat wholewheat pasta, cheaper ones are always white. Can't have dairy and am avoiding soya, so have to get expensive alternative milk, etc. But whenever I can, I will always get store own or value level goods. Most of it has been just as good as the branded stuff.

Value/basic/essential (depending where I'm shopping that week) fruit and veg in particular is brilliant. :thumbup:

We buy tinned tomatoes, potatoes, noodles,pasta, bacon stuff liek that at ownbrand but toilet roll and tomatoe sauce and nappys, baby wipes have to be the good stuff lol oh and washing power and washing up liquid lol

the best face wash i have is the asda branded one! i know its not food but hey! only 99p too and my old one is a few pennies short of £5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->