OWWWW!!! this is a new one on me!!

muffin

6 losses, mum to 1
Reaction score
had mw check up this morning and asked her about the discomfort/pain down below, that ive been having over last couple of weeks. talk about learning something new every day!!! turns out the reason i feel so sore, swollen and bruised down there is because...................i have a varicose vein down there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i never saw that coming i can tell you!i had no idea you could get them there, apparantly all i can do is keep weight off(how when im nearly 6 mths!?!?!?!) and wear support knickers like you would support tights.
Even DH was stunned when i told him(mind you then he started laughing!)

ouch!!!

will it go away? soz ive never had any so cant offer any advice but it sounds really painfull so just want to send you some :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

she didnt seem to think so this side of pregnancy, just have to try and not make it worse!! i'll end up on a rubber ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i was pg with dd teh girl i worked with was due within days of me. She had the same problem and it was the first i'd heard of it. I really hope it doesn't get any worse and u don't have to sit on rubber ring :hugs:

ouch :shock: hope ur ok xx

Ouch! Sounds awful. Can your OH see it?

Hope the sexy knickers work :hugs:

:friends: I am sending you a silly hug, it's amazing what we go through isn't it!

helen, the poor man will be scarred for life after witnessing childbirth, i'll not make him look at this!lololol i can just about manage, have also got serious support knickers now, sort of helping but it just seems to flare up so easily(ie i dont have to stand for long).

keep remindong myself this will be worth it in june when this bub is put in my arms for the first time!!xx

Aw hun, sounds nasty.

Heres some info for you which may help, I find this site really usefull. Its got loads of suggestions on how to relieve symptoms etc
https://www.midwifery.org.uk/veins.htm

thanks for that cat, very useful(the frozen peas sound like bliss actually!!)

oh babe I am so sorry......I have heard of this and was praying it wasn't something else I got LOL!!

Try to rest up as much as possible babe and take care!

Did you get my PM about the card you got us babe ? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->