• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

P****d off and need a bit of a rant! *Update pg 3*

Armywife

Mummy to 2 beauties
Reaction score
Ok, i know i'm always bloody moaning about something but my midwife has just well and truly wound me up!

As you all know i have shingles at the moment, i am feeling a bit better and the spots are starting to fade however i was told to see dr before returning to work so i tried (and failed) to make an appointment for today - don't even get me started on doctors bloody receptionists!!! :comp:

Anyway, after i spoke to docs i got a nosebleed, a really really bad one it was pouring and clots and lasted for 50 minutes - nearly the whole of Jeremy Kyle!!! - I called docs back and they just told me to call mw so i did and she told me there is nothing she can do so ring docs back! Errrmmm HELLOOOOO! I can't get anywhere with these people! :hissy:

Then mw said, and i quote, 'Gosh, you have had a lot of problems! Anyone would think you were in your late 40's not late 20's!' The fecking cheek! Ok i know i have had SPD since early on and i've had shingles and frequently high blood pressure but i think that was a totally rude rude rude comment to make! Most of our mw's are really nice but she is a bit of a dragon, when i was complaining of pain in my hips and back from early on she was adamant it wasn't SPD then when i told her physio and doc had confirmed it was she picked up the phone and called physio in front of me to check! She said 'I have Mrs. G here, she seems to think you have diagnosed SPD?...Oh, i am suprised!' Then when she got off the phone she said it was probably only because i had scoliosis and most people 'can't' get it until 25+weeks!

I am so bloody angry! :hissy: :cry:

hmmm, rude and lacks knowledge.... I wouldn't trust this mw tbh.

Oh hun, you poor thing. sounds like a bit of a nightmare, I really hope you get it sorted out. Perhaps you could ask for a new MW given the problems you have had?
If the receptionists at the doctors surgery give you grief, say you have spoken to NHS direct and they say you HAVE to be given an appointment or that your MW has said so and that you'll be making an official complaint if you're not seen.
I have had problems in the past with the receptionists and the doctor is always really apologetic.
Else, doorstep them!
Good luck xx

Its just luck of the draw who you see. My named midwife i have only seen once and that was at my booking appointment! Its basically whoever answers the phone. The system is that they are at different doctors surgeries in our area on different days so i can only have an appointment with them on a weds afternoon (unless its an emergency). When you call the doctors to make the appointment they don't know which mw will be there on the day so there is no way to gaurantee i don't see this woman! I think its a ridiculous system x x x

What a cow, ignore her, complications and difficult pregnancies can happen at any age, I have pregnancies at 18, 20, 21 and 22, all of them complicated by pre eclampsia and SPD, and the one at 21 had premature rupture of membranes at 28+6, failed induction at 29-29+2, and ended with her growing her wings inside me eight weeks later. Age has bugger all to do with it (yes it is more likely to be problematic in your teens or 40+), it doesnt mean you wont have problems if your 20-39, grrrr. Annoyed for you.

Is there any way you can not see/talk to her?

omg hun what a horrible cow!!! she better hope i never meet her :trouble: lol

hope you start feeling better soon - you know im always here even with everything going on at the mo :friends:

:hug: I hope you start to feel better soon! The mw's seem to be a law unto themselves, I'm seeing mine tomorrow; bound to be an experience as it has every time up till now...

I have FINALLY managed to secure a doctors appointment! Had to speak to practice manager first though! I'm there at 4.35 x x x

She sounds like a witch! Can you get a new MW? Ohhh, that would make me mad. Not to mention that I have read if your nosebleeds are bad, you are supposed to contact your Dr. Someone should pay attention to that. I would be fuming!
EDIT:Glad you got in with the Dr.!
Still think you need a new MW:)

Great news about the doctors appointment shame you had to fight to get seen though x

good luck at your appt today. Hope all goes well and try not to bash in mw head!

What a cow!

Age, bra size, what car you drive etc makes no difference to how well your body copes with pregnancy, some folk sail through it and some poor buggers like us just were not cut out for it.

(she must not be getting any at home) :rofl:

What a cow!

Age, bra size, what car you drive etc makes no difference to how well your body copes with pregnancy, some folk sail through it and some poor buggers like us just were not cut out for it.

(she must not be getting any at home) :rofl:

God that made me feel better! Thank you!!! x x x :hugs:

Incidently this is the same midwife who had my sister in tears when she said she wanted the serum screening test and mw told her she should want the baby no matter what, she has a son with Downs Syndrome and she wouldn't change him for the world! Eeerrrrmmmm...WHAT??? My sister complained and saw different mw's but it was quite hard for her to get an appointment because of this and she had this mw present at the birth unfortunately - i think she was nice that day but my poor sister was so scared of her it ruined it a little x x x

It's true, I am utter crap at the actual pregnancy bit but I think I'm a good Mother :blush:

You are not alone :hugs:

I would be soooo mad too... I hate dr/mw/nurses who have crappy bedside mannor... you would think that only nice kind and caring people would do this job... but no.. there are sucky people who do it too... why I don't know...

Hope your appt goes well today... and don't let her ruin this experience for you.. you are having a baby and that is amazing... and she can't take that away from you... :hugs:

Hope you don't have to see her again!!!!!

What a horrible cow!! As if you don't feel bad enough already - god how on earth do some people get the jobs they do, she is supposed to be in the caring profession isn't she?

:hugs: hope your feeling better now!

Give her the sack. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"