Paci vs. Nipple

southpaw23

Reaction score
New mom question....Peyton seems to take comfort in sucking on her bottle's nipple rather than her pacifier. I can tell that she is not sucking in the milk, just mouthing on the nipple. Is it harmful if I were to let her just have the nipple by itself to pacify her in place of the pacifier? Would she be swallowing air?

Thanks for your response!

Yeah I probably wouldn't do that, she's probably sucking in air. Have you tried different pacifiers? My boys like Avent at first, then MAM as they got older. But if she likes the bottle nipple maybe she would like these...they are longer and thinner, kinda like a bottle

https://www.soothie-pacifier.com/

We have one of these. They gave us one at the hospital. She liked it for a few days, but then the booger smartened up and now knows the difference between it and the nipple and just spits it out. I hate always putting a bottle in her mouth as I do not want to over feed, but its the only way she satisfies that sucking instinct. She will swallow for a bit, but then I can tell that she is still sucking, but not swallowing, just mouthing it.

Have you tried Avent. Yeah I agree, I would worry about her overeating..she may not be doing it now but if the bottle becomes her comfort it could lead to her always wanting the bottle when she's upset..therefore really eating more than she needs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->