Packed Lunches

c1403

Reaction score
Tell me about your kids packed lunches!

DD1 had asked for them three times a week. We're on day two and running out of ideas.

She likes
Cucumber
Ham
Tuna
Grapes
Blueberry's
Carrots
Honours
Apple

She hates
Tomatoes
Butter
Cheese
Pear
Banana
Most toghurts (but likes actimel drinks)

Not keen on pasta either.

Yesterday we had tuna sandwich, veg sticks, blueberrys, bread sticks, actimel and raisens

Today is cucumber sandwich, veg stick, grapes, bread sticks, actimel drinks and some cookies

Do you add a sweet treat at all or crisps? Trying to avoid these if I can.

Thanks

Ive been doing quite similar and am quickly running out of ideas.

So far we have done ham wrap or sandwich along with breadsticks and humous and some mixed fruit and a yogurt.

Today he took the left overs of his tortilla pizza and polished that off. Basically a small tortilla, tomato purree, pepperoni/ham/chicken and little pieces of cut up or finely grated veg covered in cheese then stick in the oven for 10 mins max. Still tasty cold the next day.

If i put crisps its just a few in with his little breadsticks (bag lasts the week).

Tomorrow i am trying sugar snap peas in with his grapes and strawberries. And ive gone for wholegrain crackers with a selection cheese and ham.

We go for wraps with breaded chicken and salad, sandwich with ham/chicken or cheese spread. If she's not in the mood for that she has a tub of sausages/chicken or other meat with a dipping sauce.

With that she always has a whole piece of fruit for play time (apple/pear/banana etc) plus a yogurt, box of chopped fresh fruit or veg, little tub of crackers or dry cereal and a treat so crisps or cake for lunch

Thanks. DD is awkward in that she likes a her fruit cut up (I'm the same). So apples and pears go a bit horrible. Any tips?

She had a wrap today (I need to practice my wrap making skills ha ha) grapes, veg sticks, yoghurt drink and raisens.

She is eating every item so I'm worried she'll be hungry!

Usually my lo has left overs from the previous days dinner or so.

Thanks. DD is awkward in that she likes a her fruit cut up (I'm the same). So apples and pears go a bit horrible. Any tips?

She had a wrap today (I need to practice my wrap making skills ha ha) grapes, veg sticks, yoghurt drink and raisens.

Apparently if you slice an apple and then piece it back together and secure it with an elastic band it stops going brown. Or put a little pineapple / lemon juice on.

Violet has fairly simple lunches and they're relatively small. Sometimes she'll eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but rarely. She'll eat yogurt fairly regularly... for now. She usually likes to have a piece of fruit like an apple, banana, some strawberries, et cetera. Sometimes she likes cheese and crackers. Sometimes she'll go for some ham or other meat. I'll also occasionally include something like cookies or cheese puffs, but not every day.

I've heard lemon juice, I was going to look that up myself.

If you buy sliced apples (readily available here, for a price) they already have the lemon juice and won't go brown.

My son only goes to school once a week (we homeschool, he goes to a 1 day per week enrichment school) and he asks for the same thing every week. A "made a home" lunchable, or crackers, meat, cheese, and a treat. He also gets fruit.

DD is 3 and goes to Mother's Day Out once a week as well, two weeks she's had the same as her older brother, one week she wanted a sandwich but didn't eat it.

I need ideas as well.

My dd is super fussy and nearly always has the same lunch with slight variations in sandwhich/wrap. We're also limited in that she's not allowed any fish (which is annoying as one of the few foods she really loves is fish), nuts of any kind or anything with sesame seeds as we have a child at school with severe allergies to these.

Dd has:

a sandwhich/wrap usually ham, turkey, jam, cheese or chocolate spread (naughty mummy)
Yogurt
Cheese snack either cheese string, babybel or dunkers
Packet of crisps (sometimes)
Small cake bar or mini cookies (bad mummy again)
Apple
And a pot of fruit usually strawberries and blueberries but sometimes grapes, blackberries or raspberries

Dd never eats it all, she usually has the rest after school at the park.

I feel like I give way less than most! But my girls, even my eldest, just wouldn't eat anymore.
My 7.5yr old has...
A sandwich made with 2 slices of bread (usually ham or turkey)... Or... 2 small wraps (also ham or turkey)
Fruit - grapes/apple/tangerine (very rarely gets eaten)
A treat - cake bar, little packet of biscuits or something similar
Carton of fruit juice.

5yr old will have...
A few cocktail sausages or sausage rolls
Plain wrap, sliced.
Grapes/blueberries/apple
Small treat
Fruit juice

They really aren't huge lunch eaters but they have a good breakfast and wouldn't eat any more, so I don't worry.

Well mine may eat less- but hers is a breakfast anyway as she doesnt eat any at home and they eat catered lunch at playschool.

I have found 2 new things that work for us. This week we have tried cold beans and a pot of frozen peas. I was very surprised that he ate the lot on both occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->