packing a picnic...

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
ok so im off to the zoo 2moro with Rhys, Ffion and Colins two sisters aged 6 and 11,

im planning on packing a picnic so i dont have to buy food whilst we're there.

im planning on sandwhiches, crisps and choccy bars but thats about as far as ive got :blush:

what would you pack? and how much?

Well, plan how long you're going to be there first off. If it's just lunch you need, you'll probably just need a sandwich each, a choccy and a drink. Maybe take some other snacks in case anyone gets peckish.

Maybe you could take some frozen juice with you to last the day?

Fruit! Make a nice fruit salad... it'll be nice if its a warm day xx

Maybe pack 2 or 3 kinds of sandwiches, a cheese, a meat and maybe a fish (tuna), enough for 2 sanwiches each perhaps? 5 packets of crisps, 3 or 4 choccy bars and maybe a couple of little fruit bags incase anybody doesnt want chocolate .. thats how i'd pack it

I like packing chopped up apples and grapes and those frubes yogurt tube things, I freeze them and put them in the lunch box and it keeps everything else cool and they have de- frosted when the kids come to eat them :D

thanks girls im planning on going shopping later so keep the ideas coming!

sausage rolls,
little mini sausages
some chopped up chees
tube of pringles
quiche
grapes/strawberries

I always pack more than i think we'll eat so that we avoid buying stuff there. If we have normal amounts then chips and ice creams tempt me!

This is what i take for our picnics!
I usually make a potato salad which always goes down well!
Bring loads of fruits ( i put them in seperte punnets or bowls so they can pick at them) blueberrys , starwberries , starfruits , grapes easy things for little hands!
Different cheeses and a large baguette.
And one pack of crisps to share out between everyone! Nom nom nom!

rice cakes, frubes yoghurt things, sanwiches/rolls, fruit, raisins for snacking

thanks for all your replies

ive bought some small sausages, fruit, choccy bars, frubes, pork pies, fruit shoots and im going to make sandwhiches in the morning :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->