Packing Hospital bag for C-Section....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by origin, Jan 26, 2011.

1. origin

origin Well-Known Member

Hi guys
    I'm having c-sec next week and I've been told to take a small bag (obviously can have a bigger one in the car for when i go onto the ward) but what should i pack in the one i take with me - i presume they mean i take it into theatre.

i was thinking....

baby clothes and nappies
    few toiletires for me
    maternity pads and pants
    pair loose Pjs/nursing tops
    camera

Also do I have to wear the hsopital gown I was wondering if they would let me wear a night shirt that opens right up down the front, so i can still do skin-to-skin contact. xxx

2. Steffyxx

Steffyxx Well-Known Member

only tip i could give you is dont buy the disposable briefs bcoz they rub on the stitches and get really uncomfy i bought some cheap big cotton ones from primark :) not sure about the rest as my c section wasnt planned but they made me wear a gown so that they could get to the epi and stuff and changing afterwards can be really painful

good luck xx

3. 0400772

0400772 Im having a baby!! :)

Good question hunny, would love to know just in case, but really have no idea myself. Sorry x i pressume it would be essential things! like a SMALL bag rather than your suitcase thing that most of us will be bringing to the ward x