Packing Hospital bag & washing babies clothes?

Iveneverseen

Reaction score
When do you plan to pack your hospital bag? and wash babies clothes?(if you are)

Expecting fourth baby, don't quite remember when i packed my hospital bags with first two, but i got bored and ended up packing and unpacking probs due to boredom :haha: they were both 8-9days overdue.

With third i packed it at 37 weeks (12 days before my planned section)

This time I will be having a section at 39 weeks again, so around 6.5 weeks to go. not washed babies clothes yet or packed my bag, i was thinking of packing my bag at 35 weeks, (4 weeks before) but not sure about when to wash clothes, as want them to be clean and fresh and not get dusty so don't wanna wash them too far from when she will be born?

I wanted to wash my baby's clothes this week but yet again OH brings me another full basket of clothes to wash so doubt I'll get it done this week lol I won't pack my bag till I'm 34 weeks x

The thought of washing babies clothes & packing hospital bags is exiting but scary isn't it? lol x

I'm 38 weeks on Friday and plan to have my hospital bag packed by then. I keep putting it off for some reason!!

I've got all baby's clothes separated and ready to wash but I'll probably start next week.

I always go over with my babies but maybe this one will surprise me :haha:

It is exciting and scary lol I've been slowly trying to organize the house our dryer broke a month ago and we have finally brought a new one so I'm trying to get on top of everything so I need to get my bag done and finished so I can finish off getting my house work done and dd1 and dd2 ready x

I might end up doing my bag at 34 weeks. will probs be between then and 35 weeks and clothes washed around same time. i think i will have a better idea when i get my section date on thursday x

My hospital bag is half packed, mainly because I pick bits up when I do the shopping so it's all piled next to my little suitcase but I've packed a changing bag for baby already.

I've half washed the clothes as I don't really like using my dryer it's useless so I've washed up to 10lb clothes so there's just the up to 3 months left which is half of the wardrobe so I keep putting that off but I'll probably get it done in the next week so it's all away and in the wardrobe

X

I've done nothing! All I've done is bought some new clothes. I'm gonna make a start next week on washing everything and packing my bag. My last two were two weeks late so I believe I've got time but I'll get a shock if this ones early!

I started washing baby clothes yesterday, i needed to so I know what I have and don't have lol need to start getting organised!! I haven't done anything with labour case yet, I still actually have to buy most things for my labour bag before I can pack it! Iv got to get on with it really it's only 3 and half weeks now till I'm classed as full term so although iv never had a baby early (first was on his due date, my second and my third were both a week late) you just never know and knowing my luck I wouldn't be ready and labour would start lol! I am hoping to start getting my labour case ready next week and have it finished by 37 weeks but no doubt I'll put it off till later! With my first and second babies I had my case packed at 24 weeks!!!!! My third I was a bit later at about 30 weeks but this time I'm so unorganised it's unreal!!

I think it depends. I think most ladies do it whenever they are ready,really. I can not for the life of me remember when I did it with my first pregnancy.
This time. I have already washed all the baby things and got the nursery organized the best I can. Although I will be making minor changes.
I have set aside a couple of things for the hospital bags and made a list of things I need to pack. Which I will do soon. With the holidays coming up, It will be chaotic enough, so I rather get it done so it is one less thing I have to worry about,

sounds stupid but when i start washing stuff and packing bag will feel real and scary lol. x

Now I feel really unorganised! I have 7.5 weeks until my c-section date and I haven't done anything yet. We have tons of clothes and stuff that I'm sure we can reuse from my first daughter. I guess it's time to get the nursery ready and start sorting out all the baby stuff so that I can see what I need to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->