Pagan mummies

JellyBeann

Son, Daughter, 2 Angels
Reaction score
Any pagan mummies out there? I am just converting to Paganism, my husband is Pagan and from what I have been told/know about the beliefs Pagans hold, I can relate to them, as they are pretty much what I believe mself!!

Anyone wanner chat?

Didn't wanna read and run...I'm Pagan but not a mummy yet :) But can still chat if you want xx

I'm mostly just curious: What to Pagans believe in?

Hey im a pagan, for nearly 11 years now. Not a mommy yet though :(

I'm mostly just curious: What to Pagans believe in?

well, it's difficult to put down what Pagans believe in, as there are so many different religions inside Paganism, this is basically what I believe...

the divine in nature is at the heart of my belief. I am deeply aware of the natural world and see the power of the divine in the ongoing cycle of life and death. I am quite eco-friendly, Or I am at heart, I'd love to live in a round house made of cob, but the sad truth is, that quite simply, I cannot afford it, I know it seems silly to think I can't afford to live off the land cheaply. But I cannot afford to buy a plot of land and build my own eco-house,a s much as I'd love to,a nd it is my goal to eventually!

I worship the divine in many different forms, through feminine as well as masculine imagery and also as without gender. The most important and widely recognised of these are the God and Goddess, whose annual cycle of procreation, giving birth and dying defines the year. The closest religion to me is Paganism, I guess and it strongly emphasises equality of the sexes.

I believe 'if it harms none, do what you will'. Following this code, my theology is based primarily on experience, with the aim of any ritual being to make contact with the divine in the world that surrounds.

I believe in energy, spirits and karma

Hey im a pagan, for nearly 11 years now. Not a mommy yet though :(

ooh, :hi: how are you??

Heya. I'm pagan - a member of the Children of Artemis.
I'm a solitary but with children I haven't had time - I've kind of lost touch with the wheel.

MUST get back on board with the seasons!

I don't think I could ever get too obsessive with paganism - I have my BOS but I don't take it too literally - and the whole skyclad business... :shock:

I'm another Pagan but not mummy :) Mostly wiccan, don't know a lot about the other branches.

I'm mainly druidism...I dodn't know this, but DH said so lol

I'm a pagan mom :)

I'm a "non-denominational" pagan lol.
I was primarily rased by a christian "seeing" mom (a psychic in hiding)
a Church of the world father. (meaning a non denominational minister)
and my two grannies. One who was a cathloic rasied witch and the other a full fledged druid.

I guess I just listened to everyone and followed what was inside me. So I'm a heinz 57 lol.

I'm glad there are others out there who I can talk to now.

My first big question is has anyone raised pagan children or not?
My son is a general christian right now. He's almost 8 and has decided to give it a try. sometimes I get flack from my husband about not trying to raise him to one faith.
Any thoughts or opinions?

I'm a pagan mom :)

I'm a "non-denominational" pagan lol.
I was primarily rased by a christian "seeing" mom (a psychic in hiding)
a Church of the world father. (meaning a non denominational minister)
and my two grannies. One who was a cathloic rasied witch and the other a full fledged druid.

I guess I just listened to everyone and followed what was inside me. So I'm a heinz 57 lol.

I'm glad there are others out there who I can talk to now.

My first big question is has anyone raised pagan children or not?
My son is a general christian right now. He's almost 8 and has decided to give it a try. sometimes I get flack from my husband about not trying to raise him to one faith.
Any thoughts or opinions?

:hi: My son is 15 months old. We are going to raise him neutral, but I would love him to realise he prefers pagan beliefs!! We are having a namind ceremony for him, with a lot of pagan influence in it! x

Hi,

I'm not actively practicing, due to time commitments (when did life get so hectic???), but I do believe and read/learn when I can.

x

I am pagan, but I am not wiccan, or anything like that. I am shamanic (the only word I could think of to describe what I am), meaning I follow more of a native american medicine path.

Hey, I am pagan. I have been reading what I can since I was 13 (I`m 22 now), but growing up in a Catholic family made it veryyyy difficult to practice. DF isn`t really anything, he grew up Anglican, but try and get him to go to church... :haha:. I`m glad I found this thread! :)

:hiya: I'm glad I made the thread now lol!! How is everyone doing??

JellyBeann: I really loved your description of Paganism and your beliefs. I relate to Paganism a lot (something I found out in the recent weeks) and I'm looking into it more and more.

Hi i'm a Pagan mom!

I have been my whole life(i'm 24 now) and i raised Netty
(my 8 year old daughter) a Pagan since she was little.

Blessed be everyone :)

Congrats on the Triplets!!

Although I have read a lot of what I could find, I would like to start practicing more. I find it's something that I've always felt connected to and I like that. :)

I'm a non-practicing Pagan. I've been a steadfast believer my whole life, and used to be practicing - but fell out of it as I got older, got a job, etc.

I find myself drawn to the idea of raising a child in a Pagan/Goddess tradition.. though I have almost no idea how to do it. :haha: I was raised non-denominational with a strong leaning towards Catholic doctrine. When I got old enough to discover religion for myself, I became Pagan (roughly 12) and have described myself as such ever since.

I feel like it would be uniquely challenging to raise a child as a Pagan, and something I would honestly love to do. It would probably help me to get my life in a better balance as well. I've been meaning to take up practicing again, but tend to put it off.

My OH was raised Christian and would like our kids to be raised neutral.. with no religious overtones whatsoever. I feel like that can leave a spiritually sensitive child a little lacking or unfulfilled - I know I felt that way. My mom always said we were Catholic but had no guidance, no church, no nothing.. religion was not mentioned every day.. etc. Once I discovered the tenets of Paganism I felt like I was coming home, or was being made "whole." (don't mind my cheesiness). She doesn't mind that I want to raise them Pagan, as long as "it's important" to me.

It is.. but I would need help with ideas about holidays, every day practicing, etc. My practicing was always personal and I never felt comfortable with the idea of joining a coven or a circle.. but I would do it, for my child's sake, if only to expose him/her to other Pagan families and children.

Ah! that turned into a novel. Sorry! :flower:

I feel that same way, and I have been strongly considering raising our future children as Pagan... Not sure if I will select a denomination or just leave it up to them to choose something that feels right with them.

Here are some books I was looking into getting, I think that they might help.
-Circle Round//Book Review
-Pagan Parenting

Hope that helps somee|!|

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back