PAI-1( Help) :-(

jaytee146

Blessed mommy to a beautiful girl and growing lo
Reaction score
I went in for my check up a few weeks ago and they did blood work... the nurse just called and said I tested positive for PAI-1 which is a mutation... and I needed to start medications asap. Is this something I did? I'm really scared

Found this on the net.......

First of all, what is PAI-1? The best way to explain PAI-1 is to describe what it does. The blood clotting system is made up of many different factors, some which cause a clot to form and others which cause the clot to breakdown, and these coexist in a very delicate balance. When the blood clotting pathways are activated, fibrinogen, a soluble plasma glycoprotein, is polymerized to form fibrin which is then cross-linked by the action of factor XIII to form the ‘clot’. Under normal circumstances, as soon as a clot forms, it begins to be broken down by other plasma factors. Specifically, a substance called tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) converts an inactive plasma protein, plasminogen, to the active substance, plasmin, which then plays a critical role in the breakdown of fibrin (fibrinolysis), thereby ‘dissolving’ the clot. (Interestingly, and perhaps germane to our discussion at some later point, plasmin also plays important roles in ovulation, cell migration, and epithelial cell differentiation).

Read more: https://www.healthline.com/blogs/pr...ctivator-inhibitor-1-pai-1.html#ixzz1I6vxD78O
Healthline.com - Connect to Better Health

hth:hugs:

thank you, i called the doctor's office back an talked to the nurse she informed me that it's not the baby that has PIA-1 it was me. an my body was acting as if the baby is a foreign enemy an Is sending antibodies to the placenta to cut off the baby. but the medicine they put me on Is suppose to thin my blood enough so this doesn't happen. i thought i did something wrong like not Eatting enough Vegies LOL "according to doctor mom" but it's genetic so Everythin once again Is smooth sailing. now if i can just get use to stickin myself twice a day in my tummy Everything's great

Glad its fixed- how far along are you? I am now scared that they didn't test me for this! Was this a routine blood test? I don't recall this being in the routine ones at my place......

I am 14 weeks today, and my regular OB didn't check for it. I have a high risk (speciatily doctor that did this particular lab test). They only checked because I'm 24 and I've had two strokes, and I've gone blind. They figured they'd check to see if there was another underlining cause other than Lupus, and there was. I have to admit when the nurse first called me I only heard her say Genetic DEFECT and I fell apart.... It was only after I gained my nerves and called back that I understood that there was nothing wrong with the baby. that it's the baby's mom (me) LOL!! My OB doctor did the normal blood test that checks the fetus through my blood for any abnormatilites, he didn't go that indepth.... I forgot what the particular lab was called, and I don't wanna scare you sorry if I did :-(, but I'm happy they checked. You may wanna ask if you can be checked for PAI-1 if this doesn't put you at ease. I do remember the high risk doctor saying that it's inherited and if i had any sisters they may have the same gene as well. So if you have any sisters that had normal pregnancies then you're good to go, never hurts to check though. I've been researching PAI-1 and found out that women who carry that gene often have a difficult time getting pregnant... which would explain why my ex and I tried for four years with no success. Happy he's not around though because I'm sure he'd thrashed very well for putting his *baby* in danger LOL... any who good luck! how many weeks are you?

Sounds scary! I am 11 weeks and have had a mc and very tough time getting pregnant. However, i do have a 7 year old so I must not have this issue. Sounds like something you always have not something to just acquire. Thank oj for the info, since I've had a mc and hoping I don't again, I was very scared they'd missed something! I am so glad they caught it for you.

Thank you, and I'm so sorry about your mc I had one last april... and it was really rough, especially when my partner wasn't very supportive. If you have a child already, I doubt that this could be an issue for you, GOSH I'm happy for that because these injects twice a day really hurts but it's all worth it! I've always wanted to be a mother, and for a while when I couldn't get pregnant I felt like less than a woman, and that maybe I'd done something wrong. I guess the man upstairs was just trying to show me that maybe it wasn't me it could have ben my partner.( who knows) are you still having morning sickness?

I do every once in a while......but not so often. I will go through entire days though here and there just feeling nasty. How about you? Does that go away by 14 weeks at all? I have heard 2nd tri is the nice time to be pregnant finally!

LOL the first few weeks of pregnancy i thought i wanted someone to sock me in the head so i'd sleep. I'm in nursing school and i was taking frequent bathroom breaks for an hour or more because i was so ill. i had to eat every few hours or i'd get extremely sick but one day i woke up a few weeks ago and felt awesome! Don't get me wrong at six pm I'm Still Pooped! LOL doesn't help that i work at nite, but no ms! I'm even able to go around meat for a little while without turning blue Yahhhhhhh! i could have sworn one nite i was layin in the bed i felt the baby move my mom say's its gas but i Don't think it was LOL! when did you first feel a flutter and who came up with that word flutter? i Don't think I've ever fluttered a day in my life ha ha!

I also have this mutation. And others. :( I had 1 MC at 7 weeks.
Would like to talk to anybody who has it and had successful pregnancies!

Hello ladies!
I have had 1 miscarriage in March at 6-7 weeks. I was recently diagnosed with MTHFR and PAI-1 mutations.

I was put on Clexane (0,4) a couple days ago, my first injection was at 4w+1d. I'll probably have to take it daily till the birth and maybe even later. It sucks and costs a lot of money. :( Hope nothing bad has happened during TWW without injections.
I'm so worried!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"