pain down there...

ButterCup17

Reaction score
i'm 21 weeks and for the past week i've been feeling alot of dull aches and pains in my groin area. mostly when i'm standing/sitting, getting in/out of the car, or turning around in bed. is this normal?? anyone else feeling this??

Sounds normal to me, a mixture of stretching pains and round ligament pains i think.

Ive had this for about 2 weeks hun. Defo stretching and baby is possibly getting comfortable down low. Xx

i'm 21 weeks and for the past week i've been feeling alot of dull aches and pains in my groin area. mostly when i'm standing/sitting, getting in/out of the car, or turning around in bed. is this normal?? anyone else feeling this??

This sounds like how my SPD started.
Get it checked by a doctor and try and keep your legs together getting in and out of cars, bed etc.
I ignored mine thinking it was ligament pain and now I have to do physio and I think I might end up on crutches x

I think mine is round ligament pain. I get a sharp pain for around 5 seconds if I get up too quickly, sneeze or roll over in bed.

Maybe mention it to your mw if it continues to bother you.

Yep, I get this too and had it in my last pregnancy too. Probably just stretching or baby settling down low!

This sounds like how my SPD started.
Get it checked by a doctor and try and keep your legs together getting in and out of cars, bed etc.
I ignored mine thinking it was ligament pain and now I have to do physio and I think I might end up on crutches x

oh wow!! my next appt is in 2 weeks, think that is too long to wait?

If it gets really bad try and get seen earlier.. It feels like you are being kicked in the v, especially when climbing stairs or when weight is on one leg when getting dressed etc? X

I had SPD last pregnancy and it's started up again this one (never had it in my first though.) I work 8 hour days, 5 days a week and being on my feet definitely aggravates it. Like PP said, it feels like you're being kicked.

When people ask why I'm waddling at work, I tell them it feels like I've been kicked by a horse (in the lady business lol.) Definitely keeping your legs together when moving your legs (getting out of the car/chairs, turning over in bed, etc.) Sleeping with a pillow between my knees helps.

Last pregnancy it set in around 17 weeks for me. I went on restricted duties at work and was given a stool to sit down but was barely ever able to actually sit. It got so painful I could hardly walk after being at work for 30 minutes. I wasn't due until May 10th but had to take an early medical leave at the end of January. So definitely mention it to your MW. Two of my OB's don't believe in SPD being an actual thing, say it's just normal aches and pains but it's definitely different and I think you can tell the difference.

I have had this for well over a month now. It is definitely better with rest. I'm sure it is some form of spd, but my doctor didn't seem overly concerned. She just said it was the relaxin making my pelvis area loosen up or whatever. I definitely have the waddle walk too. Ugh.

She just said it was the relaxin making my pelvis area loosen up or whatever. I definitely have the waddle walk too. Ugh.

That's exactly what SPD is caused by :) There are different forms of severity for sure. Some women need crutches throughout their pregnancy, some well after giving birth, some just have more aches and pains than the "average" pregnant women, and all the variations in between. But by definition, that's SPD.

omg, something does not feel right!!! since i posted this, the pain had started to fade- was def still there, but was getting duller and duller. well idk what happened last night, but i was putting away dishes after work and all the sudden i had a HORRIBLE pain down there! it hurt to walk to the sofa and really hurt trying to sit down! all night last night while i tried to sleep i was in pain, even with a pillow between my knees, and i couldnt help but moan and groan everytime i moved. i was hoping it'd be better when i woke up, but i'm still in the same amount of pain this morning! even right now while i'm just sitting here it hurts and is throbbing! i walked passed a mirror on my way to a bathroom and it actually looked like my bump was lower. what the heck though- that's not supposed to happen til like a few weeks before you're due though right??? i'm only 22 weeks!! i have my monthly appt on tuesday- should i wait til then, or call today?? this pain is horrible!!! :sad2:

Call! That is what they are there for. Hope everything is ok and you feel better.

Call! That is what they are there for. Hope everything is ok and you feel better.

i just called, now waiting for them to call back
it's still just as painful, i'm almost in tears :(

This is how my SPD started out in my last pregnancy with DD. I had it severely and was on crutches by 23 weeks. It's excruciating, every little niggle i get this time i'm thinking ohhh god, please not the dreaded SPD back!! Luckily, it's not started YET...My midwife has said it will come back, it's just a matter of when. I'm waiting with baited breath at the moment, i'm dreading it. As other ladies have said it feels like your being kicked in the vajayjay lol mine also felt like I had been split in two down below....I sympathize with you. Just make sure you keep your legs together, also when your getting your trousers on it will be best to sit down and keep your legs together. When getting in and out of the car sit on a plastic bag and spin yourself around. I also found when the pain was too much to sit in a warm bath that relieved the pain a little. Also pain killers if the pain gets too much and just take it easy. Try not to walk around too much. I would ask your midwife to refer you to physio as they can give you a support band, and do exercises with you to help. Unfortunately, the only way to fully get rid is to deliver the baby! :(

Sounds like how my SPD started too - pain right in the centre of the pelvis that was much more obvious when I rolled over in bed, went up stairs, put socks on, got in/out of car. Anything that caused me to have to lift one leg separately. It got much worse with my first because I exacerbated it with stretching and exercise. I didn't know what it was so didn't know that I could make it worse - I thought I just needed to stretch more.

I talked to my Dr's nurse. She said it's normal and to get a belly support band... I swear this doesn't feel normal ( although this is my first so I have nothing to compare it to lol) I left work early and have been sitting here with a heating pad all night. it helps when in sitting but then it hurts when I get it again. I have my monthly appt on Tuesday so I'm talk to my dr then. Thanks for the info everyone! ...This sucks!

My doctor has said the same thing about getting a belly band. Doesn't seem like they think it's a big deal even though it sure hurts like hell!

well, i got the belly band on sunday and it helped a lot!
then monday... kinda felt better
now today... this thing isnt doing a darn thing! the pain is still here and i swear getting worse! from 1-10, i'd say it's a 10!! the only time it doesn't hurt is when i'm sitting still- standing up, walking, and sitting back down is so bad i have to limp (not even waddle) when i walk. it feels like i'm being stabbed in my lady area! thank god i have a dr appt this afternoon!!! seriously... this does not feel normal! is it???? and i'm only 23 weeks- is this going to go on the rest of the time?????

I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow and am bringing it up. I saw a different OB last pregnancy and she didn't believe SPD was a real condition, that it's just normal pregnancy aches but I found out through other patients that my current OB totally believes it's real. So I'm bringing it up to her tomorrow because I had to call out of work today. I was so sore last night (SPD + sciatica) and this morning, it hurts to walk. There's no way I can be on my feet 8 hours again today.

Anyway, for me it lasted my entire pregnancy once it started. I got out of work on medical leave in January when I was due until May and being off my feet more totally helped. I'd be at work for an 8 hour shift and almost not even able to walk by the time my shift was over. I've had many suggestions to see a chiropractor who helped tons of women with their SPD pain but I don't know that my insurance will cover it enough to go once a week like these women said they had to.

SPD is common but it's not the "normal pregnancy pains" EVERY pregnant woman will get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->