Pain in L side- 5 weeks today

pumpkin90

Reaction score
Hello all.. Just curious.. Should I be concerned about sharp on and off pain in my left side at pelvic bone level?... And some back ache. No discharge, no bleeding, and pain has since stopped. Was around this even from about 4pm- 6pm. Just my uterus growing? Thoughts?

I went through the same thing on the same side. Everything turned out fine at my 8 week scan but I only got the scan because I told my OB about the pain and asked for a scan to rule out ectopic. Baby was in the uterus with a strong heartbeat. I did notice that she found the baby easier when putting the probe slightly to the left and with my Doppler I only find the heartbeat slightly to the left side. So maybe baby implanted on the left side? Not sure if that's how it works!
I had that one sided pain and cramping until almost 9 weeks and haven't had it since. OB said it is probably just things expanding and making room for a baby.

Have you made an appt yet? If you mention one sided pain to your doctor they will most likely bring you in just to be safe. I know it's near impossible to not stress about it until a scan tells you everything is okay!

I never had any bleeding or discharge either. Just off and on pains. Sometimes dull pains, sometimes they'd wake me up from a dead sleep. Hope you get your answers soon!

Hello :)

I had the exact same thing around 6 weeks, a sharp pain, but it wasnt constant, it was on and off, i had no bleeding or discharge. Seeing as i am a total worrier, i phoned my out of hours doctor, who was quite a dramatic elderly man, and made a big deal out of having to go up and get an emergency scan because baby could be ectopic.

However, when i went up to get a scan, it did take a while to find bub, because s/he was so tiny, but they eventually found my wee peanut and everything was totally fine!

Im now 16 weeks, and I just had my 16 week midwife appointment yesterday, unfortunately im still getting the same sort of pains, but all over my tummy now, and the midwife thinks she will have to refer me to physio, although she said its nothing that will affect baby!

Hope all is good with you now, but if you ever are worrying a lot, could you even phone and speak to your doc? Everything is probably fine, but ive been told soo many times, its better for bub if you arent stressing! :hugs:

It's normal. I had sharp pains near my ovaries during my pregnancy with my daughter. You may have a cyst or two on your ovaries that's causing the pain. Plus, your uterus is starting to grow so you're going to feel weird pains and aches all the time now. :)

i had one sided pain twice every day from week 4 to week 6. whenever my uterus began growing, it felt like menstrual cramping but very mild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->