Pain in labour!!!

thanks 4 all ur experiences lol i have definantly decided to opt 4 a epidural! n try the gas and air in the first couple of hours. I just hope i dont break my fiances hand, or punch him, i can see him annoying me lol. Just gota wait 4 the misses to be ready to be born, shes a day over due now lol. wish me the best
xxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't share my story just yet :blush:

But i've been thinking about having a water birth. I've heard it's less painful and it's less likely you tear down there. But i really want a epidural, and apparently you can't have one if you have a water birth lol :wacko:

For me it helped to think of each pain as a GOOD thing - every one was one step nearer to meeting my babies :)

Every time I had a contraction I breathed in through my nose and then out through my mouth, but as if I was blowing the seeds from a dandelion clock, and I imagined watching the seeds float away while I did it. I also imagined every contraction pulling my womb shorter and shorter so that the baby HAD to come out.

Labout pain isn't like anything else in the world - it's the only pain that has a point to it ... it isn't just hurting, it's hurting so that you GET something. I know it sounds wierd but if you think of it this way it's much more bearable - you're going to get the best reward you can imagine at the end of it :hugs:

Walk around as much as you can - it really does help get it over with faster, and try to stay at home for as long as you can - the more relaxed you are the less it will hurt, so don't fight labour pains... kind of flow with them, like the sea swishing in and out.

I've had 3 babies and been birthing partner to my sister twice and this stuff really does help (will people stone me to death if I admit to actually enjoying labour? lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"