Pain in lower Abdominal - has anyone else had it?

emerald78

Reaction score
Since yesterday afternoon I have been having some pain in my lower abdominal area. I have never had this before and its worrying me some what. When walking my bump feels really heavy, almost like a weight has been placed at the bottom of it. The baby seems to be quite high behind my belly button and is tender to touch. The cramps come and go. I don't know if any of you have every had that muscle spasm in your 'lady area' when on af. Its a bit like that but in my tummy.

I have called the midwife as I am concerned that I have not felt the baby move since the pain started. I am going for a check up at lunchtime but just feel really silly if all is ok.

Has anyone else had this?

Does your bump feel tight when the pains come and are the pains regular or irregular?

It could be contractions, which isn't uncommon. Keep hydrated and see what they say.

They come and go at times bump is tight but mainly heavy.

It could be a UTI. Make sure she tests your urine (bring a sample) as this has been known to cause pain and contractions in pregnancy.

Let us know how it goes! x

I have this currently and its contractions but we are trying to establish if its caused by a UTI, I am seeing my doctor next week to discuss tests.

See your mw and let us know what she says honey but take it easy and drinks lots of water
x

i get this too...im so pleased ive seen this. i wake up and my bump feels heavy and achey and im only 4 month. sometime just under my bump and round the sides aches, i thought it was just stretching pains and growing pains....do i need so see a doctor do u think? i havnt felt baby move at all yet but its still early, esp as this is my 1st.....shud i ring midwife???

Have just got back. I have done some a sample initial test shows ok apart from some ketones. They are going to send it away to test the cultures. They put me on the doppler and the heartbeat was strong so all is good there. I have had this lump which I thought was the babys head or bottom its very tender at the top of the bump and it turns out it could be my fibroid which I discovered I had at my 20 week scan. That could be one of the reasons for the pain. My bump stills feels really heavy.

So everything seems to be ok. I am now back at my desk with my water. Thanks for your responses and help. I really have appreciated them.

Good luck to all.

Miss Geordie yes speak to your midwife especially if its worrying you. They are happy to help. I went to my daycase unit at the hospital and was apologetic for being neurotic but they were very helpful and was not made to feel like I was over reacting.

I am sure all is ok but it will ease any fears.

XX

Thank you emerald :) to be honest i wasnt too worried i just thought they were stretching pains, but since reading this thread i'l call her and see what she says. thank you :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->