Pain in my groin area :/

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Becci_Boo86, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Becci_Boo86

Becci_Boo86 Well-Known Member

I have been standing up doing my ironing this morning and i have been getting this strong sharp pain in my groin area on the right!!

like at the top of ur leg near ur foof in the middle. its kills so bad! feels sort of like a cramp but it away a little if i stand on my tippie toes!!!

Anyone else had this? is it anything to worry about? xxx

2. amybe

amybe Well-Known Member

I had this for quite a while, It started about 33-34weeks for me and eased off at about 37 weeks?! Still get it now and again but not everyday anymore thank god...It got quite bad some days that I'd struggle to stand up from sitting without wincing in pain...Midwife said it was normal!!..x

3. sue_88

sue_88 Well-Known Member

I've had this all along, feels like someone smashed me between the legs with a bat! Ouch!!

MW said its the pubic bone which is connected by ligaments that are stretching to make room for baby.

4. atleastthree

atleastthree Well-Known Member

Hey ladies... yep, I got the same sharp pain 'there' after I overdid it with a long walk in the park. Doctor said it was the baby pushing down on the pubic bone which is becoming softer so baby can come out more easily. It's actually a good sign, meaning that body is naturally preparing for birth (my mum's bones never softened and I wasn't able to come out naturally because of that as I was a BIG baby).