Pain in my hips?

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this could be from?

All yesterday evening, all night when I was trying to sleep & even now, I have a really bad pain in my left hip.....the pain seems to be in the bone. I couldn't get comfy at all in bed - I couldn't lie on my left side, and when I tried to lie on my right side, that started to hurt too.

I see my midwife on Wednesday, so I'll ask her then, but does anyone have any idea what could be causing this??

xxxx

I think it's just stretching pains hon. I get this at night sometimes. I was awake all of last night as I just couldn't get comfy, they were that sore. But other nights it just doesn't bother me at all. Hope you start to feel a bit better soon x x

I got this from around 27 weeks think its just the weight of the bump. My midwife told me to take paracetamol, have been referred to physio but they basically said that it won't ease until LO is born. Hope you feel better hun

Welcome to the club! I have sciatica down my right side (gives me a sore bum cheek and achey pain right down to my calf) and sleeping on my left makes my hip and pelvis hurt and the skin on my thigh go numb.

If one side is particularly bad you might have sciatica too. Otherwise it's probably just your pelvis shifting about. Everything softens and moves and it's like having teeth come through only the pain is as big as the joints on the move!

Try a single duvet under the sheet on your side of the bed. this helped me for a long time but is now too painful again so I'm mostly on the sofa bed which is unsprung or the sofa itself which has squashy cushions and my hip sits comfortably in the gap between them. I've found nothing helps otherwise, no painkillers help. Best of luck!

yup, I get aching hips at night too, so I've started sleeping with a pillow between my legs to try and keep the pressure equal

also hurts like mad getting out of chairs as well lol - ah the joys!

I should've added that if you get pain in your pelvis if you stretch out a leg sideways say, shooting pains up the inside of your bits rather than down your leg, that could be SPD in which case your MW will be able to diagnose and refer you to a physio.

my hips are really painful at night too. MW said it was just the weight and pressure of bump and to be really careful to roll over slowly etc so as not to pull muscles. A large pillow between legs does help!

Pillow between my legs wrecks my knees making me even less comfortable! But I'm with you on the slow turning. I turn like an oil tanker these days!

Pillow between my legs wrecks my knees making me even less comfortable! But I'm with you on the slow turning. I turn like an oil tanker these days!

:rofl: oil tanker!! I like it, thats exactly how I feel in bed. It makes me so miserable sometimes I moan and wail like a banshee!

:rofl: oil tanker!! I like it, thats exactly how I feel in bed. It makes me so miserable sometimes I moan and wail like a banshee!

Man I can hardly move without grunting like an ox!

I have had this already , I thought it was from lying on my hips in bed for to long then got the sore back and leg to go with it. SPD what I was told.

my hips are causing me so much pain too, some nights are worse than others I'm wearing a brace in the day time, hope the MW can reassure you hun x x

Have you been checked for SPD?? Also could be your LO lying on a nerve?? :hugs: Hope its not SPD and gets better soon!!

Ughh I get this every night, its been disrupting my sleep for weeks. I have restless legs on top of it.

I find that when I get it, if I put my leg up in the air and tug my knee back towards me and hold it for 20-30 seconds it stretches out the ligaments and I can sleep for a few more hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->