pain in one hand anyone?

laila 44

Reaction score
I have a rather strange symptom these past few days that I can't seem to shake...I have constant pain in my right hand under the thumb and wrist, mainly worse at night but it's quite annoying! anyone else experience this and know if its pregnancy related? is it a circulation problem?

Thxs xo

Could be circulation, or maybe a pinched nerve? You could try massaging it gently and moving your fingers about. I sometimes get pins and needles in my right hand when I've been sleeping on my left side. No idea why!

sounds like it might be carpel tunnel, i had it in my last pregnancy just in my right hand, its caused by a build up of water in your wrist which pushes down on the nerves and causes the pain, swelling in the fingers and pins and needles sensations, mine was always worse at night and 1st thing in the morn, see your doc, they gave me a support glove and strap thing and it did help , it had totally gone a week after giving birth x

I had this when I was pregnant with my son. I was having heart palpitations, evidently due to the increased hormones, but both symptoms paired together... I was sure that I was going to have a heart attack!

They never did find a cause for the hand pain, but gave me a carpel tunnel brace. They are inexpensive and you can find them at any place with a pharmacy. I really cannot remember if it worked for me though. :shrug:

sounds just like carpel tunnel syndrome it effects the nerves in your wrists you get pain there and down your fingers. 9 times out of ten you have to wear a splint to bed. mention it to your mw or doctor. just give them a ring! x

Thanks so much ladies! your advice is always right on target! makes sense, I have swelling in my right wrist as well. Going to mention it to the dr...thank you so much xox

its called carpal tunnel syndrome i get it especially when been at college all day. the extra fluid presses on the nerves in your hand it will disappear when you have the baby

i too have been getting weird symptoms like this only been in my arms, i went seeing midwife yesterday and she took some blood work but last nite while in bed my arm was friggin killing me(the arm she took blood from), i dont know what the reason is for this so i cant help u but u are not alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->