Pain in right side anything to worry about?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Fran_Mc, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Fran_Mc

Fran_Mc Active Member

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and today I experienced a pain in the right hand side of my abdomen, near the hip. This is the first time I've experienced this, i've had pain but its usually around the lower abdomen. It wasn't severe pain, and only lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Should I have anything to worry about?

2. clarabella

clarabella DH, DD & 2 cats!

I had a pain earlier in the week, it was on my right side, low down. It was a dull ache, not severe, just persistent. Anyway, the midwife told me that they wouldn't be concerned unless the pain was severe, and other symptoms along with it (bleeding etc). The pain has since gone, and i'm assuming that it was a bit of stretching.

If you are really worried, call your dr/mw, or like i did nhs direct, and they'll be able to help.

Hope the pain eases off for you soon.

3. Fran_Mc

Fran_Mc Active Member

Thanks! I don't have the pain anymore, it was only for around 15-20 minutes like I said. It's just because it was on the side and not the centre I was concerned.

4. MummyBurgo

MummyBurgo I love my boys x

It will probs be streching pains but if you are worried go to dr.x

5. Aria

Aria Guest

We get to have all kinds of painful fun, eh? :)

6. jem_5500

jem_5500 Well-Known Member

I know when I was admitted the hospital seemed to be more concerened if the pain was on the left hand side...not sure why but I am sure there was some form of reasoning behind it!!

7. bklove

bklove We got married 4/07

wow, i just had a crazy pain in my lower right side but had some discharge and had to go to ER. It last pretty much all night and was pretty bad. They aren't sure what it is, but aren't worried about it either. So far bean is ok, hope it keeps on stickin! :dust: for all of us.