Pain on lower left side, very scared!

seabump

Reaction score
I'm having pain on my lower left side and am very scared. I felt it in week 4, the doctor had me do two blood hcg tests a couple of days apart to verify that the baby was growing normally, she thought it might be an ectopic pregnancy. The results of the test were good, the hcg was doubling on schedule. However, now I'm at the end of week 6, almost week 7 I am having this pain again. My husband and I had sex yesterday and the pain started this morning. We were very gentle since the last time I had brown bleeding for days afterwards. I am not sure if this pain is now related or what is going on. We don't have our scan for another week. I'm afraid that maybe an ectopic is still a possibility. Does anyone have any advice or similar experiences?? :(

I was having pain in my lower left side too in the earlier weeks. I noticed it around 5 weeks but it was very minimal...just like twinges. 6 weeks it got worse but didn't really bother me. At 7 weeks it hurt almost constantly! One night it woke me up and I was seconds away from going to the ER but I had my first OB appt the next day so figured I could wait 8 more hours. Told my OB about it and she didn't seem overly concerned but since I was concerned she gave me a scan. Everything was fine and normal baby measured exactly on track and we saw a strong heartbeat. Over the next week it came and went. By 9 weeks it was completely gone. My OB said it was normal as my uterus was beginning to expand and push things out of the way. I noticed she found the baby on the left side of my abdomen too...but it was very much in the uterus. Maybe it implanted on the left side? Hope the pain let's up for you....it is a very spooky thing to go through! You can always call your OB and tell her the cramps are one sided. She would probably want to bring you in quicker just to rule everything out.

It's very likely the corpus luteum cyst that is produced from the follicle the egg came from, especially if you have had a pain from 4 weeks (ectopic would not be felt that early) - when it is fertilised that follicle becomes a small cyst and produces the progesterone that sustains pregnancy until the placenta grows and takes over the hormone production. They can be very painful at times and can grow quite large but usually settle down by 12 weeks.

I had pains in my left side as well. They were only really painful once or twice. Other than that more of a dull ache. That was the side they saw the cyst on during my u/s at 10 weeks. By the end of 11 weeks the pain was gone completely. So like another poster said it could be that.

I've had this with a few of my pregnancies and it's always turned out to be a CL cyst causing it. Always best to get checked if your worried tho xx

I totally agree with these ladies talking about it being a cyst. When I had my first scan at 6w2d my doctor saw a big cyst on one of my ovaries. He said that it was most likely due to ovulating from that ovary. He said that it was very normal and wasn't worried about it at all. It is bothersome every once in a while. I have felt it about every day since 6 weeks. I guess it will go away in the 2nd trimester.

from week 4-6 i had one sided pain daily but twice a day at most. i was fearful it was an ectopic but the doctor told me since im not spotting and im not having any other symptoms that he believes i will have a perfectly normal, healthy pregnancy. he was right! at 8 weeks and 6 days i got my first ultrasound and baby was snug and happy in my uterus, and the heartbeat was 174, and baby measured two days ahead, which slightly changed my due date to a little sooner. i did not ever have that one sided pain again after 7 weeks.

I had this in week 7, it was really painful and I was scared. Baby is fine though, we got scanned days later and saw his/her little heart beating away.

I had pain on my lower left side pretty much from the time of implantation (or what I assume to have been implantation). Had several u/s and everything looks normal. In my previous pregnancy I had a cyst on one ovary but there weren't any cysts this time. However, I had a private scan yesterday and mentioned the pains and where they are during the u/s and the doctor said that's where the baby implanted and that it's normal and nothing to worry about.

I don't know if she said that just to make me feel better because nothing looked abnormal, as I don't know if they could really tell where baby implanted. But since she said everything is fine then I'll take it as everything is fine! Other Drs wouldn't even check and just say that aches and pains are normal during pregnancy lol.

When I do feel it, it's quite strong but most of the time these days (17+5) I don't feel any pain at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->