Pain on one side?

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
I just recently found out I'm pregnant (4w, 2d) and I'm having some minor cramping/pinching pains. I know that's pretty normal but what's making me nervous is that it's all mostly on my left side. Once in a while there's a similar pain on my right side, but it is predominantly on my left. The pain isn't bad at all and I haven't had any bleeding, so I'm not sure if there's even anything to be worried about. What are your thoughts?

Congrats on your pregnancy! It sounds like a corpus luteum cyst. They are usually on the side you ovulated from and produce hormones to help sustain the pregnancy until the placenta takes over, then they disappear around 12 weeks.

Congratulations! I have been having the exact same but on the right since I found out a week ago. Doc sent me to the hospital to check all was ok. They couldn't find the baby for a week but managed to find it yesterday in the right place :) I'm roughly 4 weeks too. If you are worried then ring up the early pregnancy ward they should see you for a scan to check baby is in the right place xx

I've been having a pain on my right side since early on. Some days it's worse than others. I had a scan and baby is in uterus. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

This is my fourth perfect baby, and I have had this symptom in first trimester with every one of them. I freak myself out about it only to have it be the corpus luteum. Do keep an eye out for any signs, but I wouldn't worry too much at this point.

Thanks ladies. I feel much better about it now, knowing that it's normal. I tend to worry a lot and it's been a while since I've been pregnant, so I don't remember what's normal and what's not. :flower:

Hi aidensmomma. Congrats! I think I remember you from a WTT thread way back in 2013? Happy to see you're expecting again! It definitely sounds like a corpus luteum cyst. I had that for a while too.

I had the same thing, I went to hospital as was really worried about an ectopic but turns out it was nothing. They said it could of been a cyst
Hope the pain goes away soon and congrats :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->