Pain relief, but not by mouth???

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone knew any suitable pain relief for a 3 yr old, that doesnt need to be taken by mouth.

Jack wont take any medicine by mouth AT ALL. I try putting it in his drink but he either knows, or doesnt want to drink.

I think hes coming down with a head cold. He just cried all night in pain, but he wouldnt take anything. Any ideas???

sorry hun the only things i know about are cool and soothe forehead strips but they only help with a fever/headache

Have you asked your pharmacist? When Amanda was younger there was pain relief for toddlers/kids given as a suppository that you had to get from the pharmacist, but you didn't need a prescription.

Mine was the same way as a toddler nows shes 11 and would swig it out of the bottle if I would let her!:haha: I would let it ride out a bit if its only a head cold and medicating is a stressful thing. If he starts to run a high fever and the pain is making him uncomfortable then I would suggest the suppository route. Just keep him cool and quiet and if a fever starts to spike perhaps an iceblock to suck on to bring it down if its not too high, I could always manage to get my girl to eat one of those no matter what and it worked too relieve her temp and give her a bit of energy at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->