Pain Relief?

D

danni2609

Just wondering what all you ladies have decided about pain relief? What u want and dont want? I did it on just Gas n Air last time and hope to do that again!

im not sure yet im planning on waiting to see how bad im managing and if need be ill have it all :rofl:

'll take whatever I need at the time. I really don't know how I'm going to feel. Mythought is that i won't get a medal for being a Martyr, so whatever goes at the time.

Everything I can get....:lol: Lol,I want the epidural,Gas & air,Pethidine - All of it. But we'll see if it all happens. It's what I'm hoping for. :)

I really want to TRY with jut gas and air and petherdine if i have to! Epidural is a definate no no, unless of course i have to for some reason!!!!

This is my first so i have no idea how much pain I will be in apart from alot. I am going to try tens machine and gas and air and if it gets to much pain killers. But they always make me ill! so i am avioding them.

i want to do it with gas and air (even tho it doesnt do much for me the mouthpiece is good to bite lol) like i did last time, i did at one point want an epidural last time and they tried for 30 minutes but because of the curve in my spine he just made a mess of my back and lots of blood and bruising, in the end i begged him to stop and decided id prefer just gas and air lol, dont want pethadine because my mums allergic to it so im scared i may be to lol!

I'm going to try to manage just with gas & air, and then pethadine if I need it. I really do not want an epidural, but of course, if it's necessary, then I'll have it!

xxx

I am going to try the gas and air and see if I can cope. I had an epidural with my last two but both times I had backache after so I don't want it if I can help it.
I am going to see what happpens at the time.
I don't like the sound of pethedine but may try it, if it stops me having an epidural.
Luv Cheryl xxx

I'm going to try on just gas and air. I'm no way having pethidine as they gave it me a few weeks ago when i had a bad kidney infection and I couldn't stop vomiting and was so dizzy i was clinging onto the edge of the bed so I wouldn't fall off lol!

I have no idea how sore it'll be or how I'll cope so I would say that I am being open minded. I will try and hold out for as long as possible on just gas and air though.

I'm going to hire a tens machine and use the bath and birth pool as well for pain relief - and I plan to move around as much as possible (thought this may go out the window in actual labour - who knows! it feels so academic and unreal at the moment)

I'm hoping for a HB, so no epidural option, which is great as I really feel funny about them (totally up to individuals what they chose, but I'm terified of a needle in my spine) so will only have one in an emergency c-section situation.

Appart form that though am not anti-drugs so if I need them lets hopw the MW brings lots!!!!

I've been watching lots of birthing programmes and it looks so much easier giving birth with an epidural in. I was always scared of the big injection with an epidural but since I had a spinal last month for my stitches and that was fine I'm going for the epidural. I've had a pretty painful pregnancy I think I deserve a reasonably painfree birth!

every labour is different. On my first i was in such constant agonising pain that i had to have an epidural. On my second we got to the hospital and my hubbie said "your not really in labour are you?" and i said no i dont think so! Turns out i was 8cm it was an absolute breeze compared to my first. I didnt need any pain relief! Im hoping for the same this time but im not going to say definetly "no" to anything because i know how different labours can be!

I had everything! gas and air, pethidine and an epidural, theres so many different opinions on epidurals but im telling you, once you have it the pain just leaves! and i still felt the need to push and could climb from bed to bed and lift myself up afterwards, i think their more improved these days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->