Pain when sneezing

K

KJunkie

Is it normal to experience a sharp, rather short pain after sneezing in your pubic area? I mean, it was like a cramp like feeling. I do not know if that is normal. I has happened the last two times I have sneezed.

I'm assuming it is as I too get the same dashing pain each time I sneeze; which as it's spring is happening more and more. Hurts more if I brace myself.. Here's wishing summers arrives soon...

Totally normal don't worry.

and ESWIFT is right the more you brace yourself the more it hurts. so just relax and enjoy the perks of pregnancy! :rofl:

I have Rhinitis so i'm a really sneezy person and it's been hurting me for the whole 9 weeks when i sneeze.

KJunkie - i've just noticed you're only one day ahead of me, it's my 9 weeks today! :happydance:

It's usually associated with the ligaments stretching in your lower abdomen. They're already under pressure, and the extra quick pressure when sneezing can cause pain. It isn't hurting your baby, so don't worry. :hugs:

oh yes very painful indeed, happens all the time. Now if i sneeze and sit down, i move myself forward a bit to sort of bend over so it doesnt happen....

Ditto Arcanegirl. Violent sneezes have caused a sudden sharp pain in my tummy from day one and it still happens now! Nowt to worry about sweetheart xx

Yes its normal hun it worried me at 1st but now got used to it xx

i get this also if i get up too quickly ... thought it might just be stretching or looser muscles or something so good to read everyone's thoughts!

i get this too, get it more when i move too quickly tho, getting up from sittin down, or even turning funnily. ligaments!! It reassures me in a way! x

Hi, Yeah as the others said its normal. I still get them

I am the same, when i sneeze, it does hurt like hell! :( I think it will continue til baby born!

Im so glad that someone has asked this Q as ive been getting it too, it made me yelp the other night!! x

Totally normal don't worry.

and ESWIFT is right the more you brace yourself the more it hurts. so just relax and enjoy the perks of pregnancy! :rofl:

I have Rhinitis so i'm a really sneezy person and it's been hurting me for the whole 9 weeks when i sneeze.

Thanks, that makes me feel better. And congrats on 9 weeks!!

Also, thanks for all the responses! Makes me feel much better. :D

I remember when it happened with my first pregnancy. I was laying down on my back and I sneezed....ended up rolling around on the bed in pain thinking what the heck?!?!?!. Now when I feel a sneeze coming on I either bring my knees up to my chest if I am sitting or laying down or I bend over if I am standing.....then I dont get the pain.

I remember when it happened with my first pregnancy. I was laying down on my back and I sneezed....ended up rolling around on the bed in pain thinking what the heck?!?!?!. Now when I feel a sneeze coming on I either bring my knees up to my chest if I am sitting or laying down or I bend over if I am standing.....then I dont get the pain.

I was laying on my back the first time I noticed this. It was the middle of the night and I yelled 'OW!!' lol. :dohh:

Scared OH in the process!

Now I just bring my knees up too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back