Pain?

Bexta

Reaction score
Hi lovelies!

i hope this is ok to post here?

My pain threshold is almost non existent!

I have been reading a little into iui and Ivf and wondering if there is much pain involved with the egg retrievals etc..

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks x

My experience - IUI's painless, like a Pap smear really.
IVF retrieval - my clinic game me iv pain medication, so it was not painful at all. I did have cramping after the medication wore off, but a Tylenol took care of that.

Hi,

I have always been petrified of needles/injections...3 fresh cycles and one fet later I can honestly tell you the pain isn't too bad. I still can't inject myself but apart from that it's totally bearable.

For my egg retrievals they were done under sedation and I was a little sore afterwards but it wasn't too painful.

Good luck xx

My pain threshold is pretty nonexistent, and I survived a couple of IUI's and an IVF. As far as the procedures go, if you can tolerate a normal pelvic exam, it's not much different. I've never done great with pelvic exams, so the many exams/scans got increasingly difficult for me. My doctor gave me valium for the egg transfer and that definitely helped me relax. Next time, I'm going to ask if I can take it for some of the other appointments as well.

I was under sedation for the retrieval, and afterwards I felt some cramping, but it was short-lived and controllable by pain relievers. Nothing scary.

The injections aren't fun, but they're not terrible. Especially if you can have someone do them for you, so you can distract yourself and almost pretend it's not happening. The progesterone injections made me super sore, but I got used to it.

You can do it!

Hi lovelies!

i hope this is ok to post here?

My pain threshold is almost non existent!

I have been reading a little into iui and Ivf and wondering if there is much pain involved with the egg retrievals etc..

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks x

My IUI's were awful. Threading the catheter through my cervix was awful and the cramping afterward was excruciating every single time.

The many many many injections before egg retrieval are what I struggled with pain wise with IVF. Most are sedated for egg retrieval so the procedure itself isn't painful. Afterward I simply felt a bit bloated with some back pain but nothing unmanageable.

Everyone's experience is so different. Unfortunately the only way you're going to know how it feels for you is to go through it yourself (which I realize isn't helpful, but just because 100 others say no it doesn't hurt - doesn't mean it won't for you. Pain is so subjective and I'd hate for you to commit to doing something on that basis and have a shockingly opposite experience).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->