painful afterpains!

T

Toms Mummy

I knew they'd be painful with her being my 2nd but omg! It's like being in labour again when they come! They're worst when bf, but then I can't squirm about in pain :dohh:.... Does anyone know how long they last and any pain relief suggestions? Thanks x

If I recall, mine got better after a week, and were gone by a week and a half or two weeks. I was on a steady stream of Tylenol and ibuprofen (one of each every 4-5 hours) for the first few days! I especially tried to make sure I took some about a half an hour before a feeding because, as you said, it was the worst while breastfeeding.

And a hot water bottle or heating pad was nice too (obviously only while not breastfeeding).

Yep mine were awful
With my second and this one! No one told me about these being bad with 2+ I remember thinking omg they ve left something in there! Did u have the injection to deliver the placenta? The mw told me they can be quite intense with the injection. They gave me a load of pain relief at the hospital then I just carried on taking it regularly at home. They eased after a few days for me xx

Thank you! Thankfully they have started to ease but I will try a hot water bottle at night as that's when they seem worse now! X

Thank you! Thankfully they have started to ease but I will try a hot water bottle at night as that's when they seem worse now! X

Oh Hun, I'm going through this nw!!! I'm literally crippled by them, especially when feeding. It's like labour all ver again. I'm taking a lw dose of co codamol as suggested by my mw, they take the edge off. Mine last about a week. Feel better soon xxx

Oh geez... I still remember them to this day. Not looking forward to having a second if they are even worse!!

Omg I just remember having my son and not having any pain whatsoever and then having my second and just died from the after pains just keep up with the painkillers

Mine just feel like regular period cramps (I'm on day 2 PP) but I have been on Percocet and Motrin for pain so it may just have taken the edge off.

Thankfully they have gone now! They started to subside around day 4 and then were gone by day 5 :).... Hold in there x

For me, the pains lasted about a week or two after giving birth. The one thing that helped was Motrin around the clock. I didn't breastfeed and the pains were STILL bad but I know when breastfeeding it can cause your uterus to contract so I know the pain will be intensified by like 50%!!

Mine are easing now too, I'm on day 4. Glad your feeling better xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"