Painful Braxton Hicks!! :(

pinknpurple

mum of 2 & angel mummy
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I started getting pains the day before yesterday, really bad pains and they were coming quite often but not regularly. They kept on waking me through the night and as they were still coming badly yesterday I went to the hospital. I was already sure by then that they were Braxton Hicks but wanted to see if they could give me some pain relief as paracetamol wasn't touching them and resting wasn't making them stop either. The doc confirmed it was BH and gave me some codeine. At the moment I'm trying to take them only at night so that I can sleep and am gritting my teeth and bearing them in the daytime. I am just wondering if any other ladies on here are getting BH early (I'm 18 weeks 5 days) and/or just getting painful BH!! Would be nice to know am not alone!!

Thanks for reading anyway ladies. Merry Christmas to you all xxxxxxxxxxxx

I get them a lot - but they are more uncomfortable than painful.

Are you drinking enough water? That is super super important. I would seriously double whatever you are at now... Don't be without a water in your hand, and sip it constantly. Also - you may want to lay off the sex for a bit (if you are having any)... as that can contribute as well.

Hope you feel better soon!

Hope you are ok :hugs: I started getting BH at 16 weeks and was really worried but my consultant said it was normal, dont think I was in as much pain as you are though - just uncomfortable - so keep an eye on them :hugs: xxx

Lol Logansmama sex is not a possible cause for me lmao!! But have increased my water intake as have tried EVERYTHING else they suggest to stop them, so far nothing's working but I'll keep trying with the water.

Thanks for your response Hayley wow 16 weeks thats early!! I was worried because I had always heard that BH are not supposed to be painful only uncomfortable... I am trying not to panic because when I googled it there were lots of warnings about not ignoring the signs of premature labour :wacko: I really can't justify a trip to the hospital now as my little boy is all tucked up in bed and they haven't gotten any worse they're remaining at the same level of pain so am thinking that's a good sign? Also the codeine they gave me seems to stop the pains so does this mean its probably only brackston hicks and definitely nothing to worry about like premature labour pains? :shrug: Ohhhh I'm driving myself mad and can't speak to my own midwife as don't think she is working at the moment.Really like my midwife too :( Think am going to ring the EPAU tomorrow and see what they say about it. xxxxxxx

Hi hon, I hope you are ok. I had bad pain last week for a few days .... it was constipation lol. Still worrying though isn't it. Good advice from Logansmama. Take care I am sure everything will be fine.:hugs:

Want to say a massive thanks to Logansmama as it would seem dehydration WAS the cause!!!!!! Since I've been knocking back pints (of water) all day no BH today!! :D so far so good. Thank you so much Logansmama!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww i was going to say that as well!

So glad all is ok xxx

Thanks girls :D it is nice not to have pain for a day. I was beginning to panic at the prospect of having these pains right up til May!! Lol really relieved that they have stopped for the time being. xxx

Glad to hear I was helpful! :). Now - keep knocking back those pints! LOL!

Make sure you keep your bladder empty too! Full bladder = more BHs. I dealt with painful ones through my last 2 pregnancies that sent me to the hospital quite a few times. Been good this time so far though. Hopefully they will wait until the end this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->