Painful bump...?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by abc123x, Jun 2, 2011.

1. abc123x

abc123x Well-Known Member

My bump is extremely hard, like a contraction, and is very tender if it is touched. It's been like this for about 20 minutes. Anybody else experience this?

2. oaklvr

oaklvr Well-Known Member

I haven't had it last that long, but your baby is probably sleeping in that position and it's messing with the nerves in your stomach. My dr told me I could push on my baby to make him move a bit but I didn't feel comfortable doing that. See if you can switch sides and nudge it a little to get it to curl up differently.

3. staceyp

staceyp wife & mum

im exactly the sme my bubs bum is to the right of my stomach and it always goes really hard; like shes stretching out or something. im 33 weeks shes measuring 36 so yeh.. litte uncomfortable

4. krisnjay

krisnjay Mommy to Logan

I get the same way. My LO will sometimes push his butt out and sleep that way and it puts alot of strain on my stomach muscles

5. abc123x

abc123x Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies. I eventually went to bed this way. It wasn't fun and I was uncomfortable. I eventually got to sleep and by the time I got up 4 hours later, it was better. Not sure if it was his position or what cause he was moving all over the place but it wouldn't stop. :shrug: