Painful sex? TMI warning

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by gypsymom, Feb 1, 2011.

1. gypsymom

gypsymom Well-Known Member

So this has probablu already been answered so I apologize if I'm repeating a question...

So before I got pregnant my sex life with DH was great, the sex was great (and I mean GREAT) and only hurt in certain positions because of my endometriosis.
    When I got pregnant we only had sex once or twice in the first trimester because my MS made me feel like crap all the time. Now that i'm in the second trimester, we've had sex a few times (not as much as we used to but more than the first tri) and everytime it's hurt. I mean, it hurts during foreplay, and the only foreplay we do is him fingering me (with all my discharge I refuse to let him go down on me) and that is a little painful and when we first start going at it, it hurts like a burning almost...once we get into it it doesn't hurt anymore but once we're done it hurts again like we did it really rough even though DH has been very gentle the whole time. I thought at first it was dryness so we started using KY but it didn't help.

So I guess I'm asking if this is normal, and if there is anything I can do to make it not hurt anymore?

Sorry for the TMI:blush:

2. Ember

Ember Pregnant - 3rd Trimester

You could be more sensitive because of the increased blood flow. Or it could be due to an infection. I had bacterial vaginosis and until it was gone, I burned during sex too and felt raw afterward. It's good that you don't let him go down on you because it is possible for him to cause air to get into your vagina and this can cause an air embolism if it gets up to your cervix.

3. gypsymom

gypsymom Well-Known Member

Thanks for bringing that up. I had BV once years ago, so when i see my OB on friday I'll have her test me for it.

4. Skydust

Skydust Well-Known Member

Hey, sounds like an infection possibly you shouldn't be hurting, though you can be a little sorer due to changes occuring.. go to GP and get checked out!! And by the way... you are no different down there then before you were pregnant, just a little more discharge which is to protect you. My partner and I still have a very normal sex life and Oral sex is cool... good luck xxx