Painful sex TWELVE WEEKS after C section?!

bananabump

Mummy to Leo!
Reaction score
Hi ladies, really worried about 'downstairs' as I'm still finding sex reeeally painful and my little man is 12+2! I had no idea anything would feel different, let alone hurt, because of having a c section and not a vaginal birth.. I didn't even go into labour!! We first tried 6 weeks PP and (tmi) he was only half way in when I was like woahhh I feel like I'm about to rip open!! So we had to stop and I was sore the next day too :( I've been too worried since then to try again, but last night we got a bit carried away and I was GUTTED when it hurt even more this time!! We tried for a bit longer but it was excruciating, I was nearly in tears and felt like such an idiot! My OH was lovely of course but I'm just worried about whether this is normal or not?! Thanks in advance for any replies! Xxx

Hi bananabump. Wondering if you are breastfeeding? If so, this can cause intercourse to be painful since the lack of oestrogen in your system (caused by breastfeeding) leads to thinning and dryness of the vaginal walls (similar to a woman peri-menapause). I am exclusively breastfeeding after an elective c-section (so no vaginal birth trauma) and am finding sex painful currently - getting slightly easier with time, practice & LOADS of KY jelly!!!

I had the same thing happen to me...we tried the first time 7 weeks pp and i've been afraid to try since then...i feel so bad too bc we were told no sex after 24 weeks bc of the risk of pre-term labor due to twins....so its been a long time for us :(

I didnt think it effected your vagina if you had a C section? I wish I had had a C section then I wouldnt be needing a 6 month colostomy bag...... :-( - anyway, the only thing I can think if if your breast feeding it will make you dry I think, so try lots of lube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->