Painkillers

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by katy1310, Dec 9, 2009.

1. katy1310

katy1310 Mummy of 1

Hi

I have a really bad headache today and paracetamol are just not working. Does anyone know if the paracetamol + caffeine type tablets are ok, like pandaol extra or solpadeine headache (the ones in the white box)? They have a couple of other ingredients I think but can't quite remember what.

2. nineena

nineena mummy to a gorgeous girl

not sure about tablets but have you tried putting a nice cold flannel on the nape of your neck and across your forehead? xx Hope your headache clears up soon hugs

3. lauren10

lauren10 1 DD, 1 angel & pregnant!

I wouldn't take it if it has anything more than just paracetamol & caffeine. They do have analgesics out there with just those two, but if you can't find any, then have a cup of coffee with your paracetamol. Caffeine does a lot for me when I have a migraine.

p.s. paracetamol = tylenol, right? :) I'm not really familiar with it being called that, but I've gathered that's what it is.

4. katy1310

katy1310 Mummy of 1

Thank you ladies :) It's thumping pretty badly at the moment! I have suffered from migraines all my life until I got pregnant and was on a daily preventative but they had really cleared up since getting pregnant. I have tonsilitis at the moment and am struggling on with just paracetamol but the headache is too bad for that today! I have been off coffee but will see if I can stomach a cup of it on this occasion!

I will try a cold flannel too. thank you :)

5. Adela Quested

Adela Quested Well-Known Member

You should also be able to get a plain generic brand paracetamol + caffeine from your pharmacist. I realise it's not always an option to go there when you're feeling awful, but you should definitely give your pharmacist a try when you can, they're a fantastic source of (free!) advice about drugs + pregnancy.